ArtWalk Longmont @ the Library feat. Ron Gallegos
- Date: 09/16/2017 4:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Join the fun of ArtWalk Longmont's fall art and music festival along Main St. and beyond.
- The Library will be a (new!) stop on the ArtWalk tour and will be exhibiting the art of local artist Ron Gallegos. So stop by, enjoy some creativity, and meet the artist.
- Can't make it to ArtWalk? Ron's art will be on exhibit through December 31.
- About the artist: Ron Gallegos is a non-objective [non representational] abstract artist. Ron's abstract paintings are gestural and convey a sense of movement and spontaneity. He believes at the end of the day abstract art is about the passion and physical nature of creating the art. The principles of design need to be present and come into play in the composition and construction of the work. Unity, conflict, dominance, repetition, with balance, harmony, and gradation need to be inherent within the work. One needs to feel the physical energy that went into the piece; it must represent the energy of the act of painting. Movement and speed need to be felt. Just like a great conductor looses weight during the course of a performance; so too should he be physically spent after the painting of a piece of art. The viewer too should experience the physical nature of the work suggested by movement, dominance, and conflict.
- Learn more about ArtWalk Longmont.
- Registration is not required.