- Date: 03/13/2018
- Location: Centennial Swimming Pool
1201 Alpine St.
Longmont, Colorado 80504
- Introduction: Become a certified LIFEGUARD! Ages 15 to Adult. City of Longmont job opportunities exist after successful completion of class.
American Red Cross Blended Lifeguard Certification
This eLearning blended format requires internet access on a lap top or desktop and on average 7 hours of at home work. Learn the basics of American Red Cross lifeguard skills and practices. First Aid and CPR/AED for the professional rescuer are included. After successful completion of class, you will be an American Red Cross certified LIFEGUARD! Job opportunities exist with the City of Longmont, and beyond!
Books are available for purchase on the first day for an additional $35 or download free or charge.
What to Know:
Pre-Requisite: Must be able to swim 300yards nonstop (not timed), 100 yards front crawl, 100 yards breaststroke, and 100 yards front crawl or breaststroke. Tread water for 2 minutes, and dive into 10ft of water to retrieve 10lb brick. Must be 15 years old by the last day of class.
Pre-test: Mar. 3rd, 10am-12pm @ the Longmont Recreation Center.
Days/Times: March 13-16 (Tue-Fri) from 9am-4pm. All classes are held at Centennial Pool.
Cost: $45 resident/ $55 non-resident
How to Register:
- To register online: Click here to register for the Blended Lifeguard Training
- If you’re visiting the website on your mobile device, use this link https://rec.ci.longmont.co.us and do an Activity Search for "aquajob".
- Call Centennial Pool, (303-651-8406), to register over the phone and pay with a credit card.
- Stop in at any City of Longmont Recreation Facility (view recreation facility addresses).