Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this Calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events and is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Left Hand Creek Floodplain Map Open House
- Date: 04/23/2018 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: Development Services Center
385 Kimbark St.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Introduction: Those interested are invited to review and provide comment on newly issued draft floodplain maps for Left Hand Creek.
Residents and property owners along Left Hand Creek within Longmont are invited to an open house to review and offer input on newly issued draft floodplain maps from the Colorado Hazard Mapping Program (CHAMP) and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The open house will be held from 5-7 pm Monday, April 23, in the Twin Sisters Conference Room of the Development Services Center, 385 Kimbark St. An update on the floodplain mapping process, including next steps and an anticipated adoption timeline, will be provided at 5:30 pm.
- This map represents new CHAMP floodplain mapping for Left Hand Creek using the increased flows adopted by Longmont, the State and FEMA after the 2013 flood.
- This map will be submitted to FEMA for review. At this time, this map is strictly for comment and information only.
- Comments may be submitted to the Floodplain Administrator via email, postal mail or via comment card at the April 23 open house. All comments must be received by Friday, May 11, 2018.
No RSVP is necessary for this event.
Learn more about floodplains in Longmont at bit.ly/are-you-in-a-floodplain.