Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this Calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events and is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Mental Health First Aid
- Date: 12/03/2018 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Longmont United Hospital
1950 Mountain View Avenue
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Introduction: An 8-hour course that gives people the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Registration Deadline: 12/03/2018 12:00 AM
- Registration Fee/Cost: $0.00 per person
- Maximum Attendees: 25
- Remaining Spaces for this Event: 15
- Contact Phone: (303) 651-8469
Mental Health First Aid is essential training for anyone age 18 and older who wants to learn how to help a person who may be experiencing a mental health related crisis or problem. This course teaches you to recognize signs and symptoms and provides the steps to take to provide help. Participants will come away with the skills and tools to offer help to others and increase their personal knowledge.
What you will learn in this eight-hour course:
- The impact of mental illness in the U.S.
- Risk factors and warning signs for depression, anxiety, trauma, substance use and psychosis
- A five-step action plan to help an individual in crisis connect to professional help
- Local community resources available to offer support
Participants will receive an informational workbook that summarizes the training as well as a list of community resources.
What to expect:
- Audio/video presentation
- Opportunities for group discussion and practice
- Earn 3-year certification
- Participants MUST attend the full 8 hour course to receive a certificate.
Thanks to the generous support of The Colorado Health Foundation, we are able to offer this class (valued at $50 in Colorado) at no charge for a limited time.
**A confirmation email will be sent to you after you register. If you do not receive this confirmation please email Julie Phillips to verify your registration. If you need assistance registering for the class please contact Julie Phillips.
This class is sponsored by Supporting Action for Mental Health. Click here to learn more about the program.