Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Quiet Zones Project Public Workshop
- Date: 02/06/2019 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Sunset Campus
7 South Sunset Street
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Introduction: City leaders need solid public input before proceeding with the implementation of Quiet Zones in the City of Longmont. Join us for a drop-in public workshop.
Note: This is a drop-in event; come anytime between 5-7 pm and plan to spend approximately 30 minutes.
The BNSF Railroad corridor passes through our fair City and is a part of daily life as we know it. Those who live within a mile or so of the railroad lines between Hover Road and Highway 66 experience approximately nine trains per day and eight trains per night. Currently, trains are required to sound their horns at all public railroad crossings. This significantly impacts quality of life for those within range of the horn.
A Quiet Zone is a section of rail line that contains one or more consecutive public crossings at which locomotive horns are not routinely sounded. Safety improvements must be made to area crossings to meet the railroad’s requirements to grant a Quiet Zone.
City leaders have all of the necessary technical data and want to pair that with solid public input before proceeding with implementation of Quiet Zones in the City of Longmont.