Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this Calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events and is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Still Coming Home: Conversations about the Experience of War
- Date: 02/16/2019 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Saturday, February 2, 9, and 16, 10 to 11:30 am
- War may be hell, but coming home isn’t easy either. Returning home presents a unique set of challenges for which many service men and women are ill-prepared, and many question whether we as a society are doing enough to support and understand those struggles.
- Join us for a series of facilitated conversations on Saturdays in February that will unpack these challenges and how vets are facing them. Facilitators are able to engage participants in courageous conversations that include and respect widely different beliefs.
- Participants are encouraged to read works by Denver veterans collected in the recently published anthology, Still Coming Home, and talk with the authors, editors, and other community members about their experiences of war and challenges since returning to civilian life. Copies of the anthology will be provided.
- The series of three conversations builds on themes and is meant to be a deeper experience for those who attend all three, but participants are welcome to come to one or two. Weekly themes:
- February 2: Respect for the symbols of one's country; James Speed Hensinger reading
- February 9: The effects of trauma on the family
- February 16: Returning to love after trauma; Alicia Christopher reading
- This program is for those age 13 and older only and is limited to 35 participants to ensure intimate and open conversations.
- This program is co-hosted by Colorado Humanities.
- Registration is required and will open here on Wednesday, January 2 at 10 am. PLEASE NOTE: You must register for each session individually. Registering for one session will NOT automatically register you for the others. No email address? Call (303) 651-8472 to register.