- Date: 02/04/2020 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
Calling all writers, 18 years and older! The Longmont Public Library is hosting a writing group!
First and third Tuesdays are open write/sharing.
Second and fourth Tuesdays are discussion and meeting.
New members are always encouraged and welcome to attend. Wherever you are in your writing process, you'll fit right in.
Come on in and check it out, upstairs in the UnQuiet Study Area.
THIS WEEK: Longmont resident Pete KJ is the author of the popular hiking guide, Base Camp Denver: 101 Hikes in Colorado’s Front Range, which was published by Imbrifex Books in 2019. He has also self-published five literary fiction novels and two nonfiction travel memoirs.
In this interactive session, Pete will describe, as a case study, his journey in both the conventional and self-publishing worlds. He will share what he has learned, focusing on what he sees as the current situation, best practices, and key tools available to an author who has a book to share with the world.
Specifically, Pete will talk about:
- His attempts to get conventionally published and what came of these efforts
- Key ingredients regardless of publisher (editor, cover design, metadata, author website…)
- The importance of thinking digital: ebooks and audiobooks
- Current self-publishing platforms and practices
- Marketing and review tools available to an independent author (BookBub!)
- The audiobook revolution and how to partake in it
- Things people say you must do that Pete doesn’t do (social media, newsletters)
- Anything else the group wants to talk about!