LIVE Recording of the Mayor's Book Club
- Date: 08/15/2019 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Thursdays, 11 to 11:30 am; April 18, June 20, August 15, & October 17
- Join Mayor Bagley at his Mayor's Book Club storytime recording sessions at the Library!
- The Mayor's Book Club is a FREE monthly reading program for 3 and 4 year old children; participating children receive a new book each month until they turn 5.
- Mayor Bagley comes to the Library, reads the books from the book club, and gets to meet some of our youngest community members. Later, children can also watch the Mayor and others read the monthly book on Longmont's Channel 8.
- The Mayor’s Book Club was established in 2007 to not only help 3- and 4-year-olds develop a love for reading and learning at an early age, but to create a level playing field for all of our youngest learners. The “achievement gap” in Longmont, or the disparity in key academic scores, falls along socioeconomic and ethnic lines.
- This program is open to all 3- and 4-year-olds in Longmont, but in an effort to close the achievement gap before kindergarten, program leaders make a special effort to recruit families who are lower income and newer immigrants.
- Brought to you by the City of Longmont, Division of Children, Youth and Families, and Bright EYES.
- Download the printable enrollment form, in Spanish and English.
- Visit the Mayor's Book Club website.
- All ages may attend the recording.
- No registration required.