Register for Summer Reading!
- Date: -
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
Join Us for a Fun Summer of Reading!
1. Get Registered for Summer Reading for Prizes until July 8.
Fight the summer reading skills loss by registering for the Summer Reading Program beginning Thursday, May 23. The last day to register for the Summer Reading Program is Monday, July 8.
The program has two age levels -- Preschool (ages newborn to about age 3) or Children and Teens (those from about age 4 through 12th grade).
2. Stop by the Children's and Teens Info Desk!
Stop by the Information Desk in the Children and Teens area to pick up a punch card or form and lanyard. You can also register and get materials online or at the Information Desk, if you'd prefer.
3. Start Earning Prizes by Punching the Squares!
- Read! -- You can punch one square a day by reading for at least 20 minutes. You can punch all your squares by reading each day, but you can only punch one per day. Read at the same level you were reading at school.
- Come to a Library Event! -- You can get one square punched for each program you attend, including storytimes, concerts, movies, Chess Club, LEGO Club, etc!
- Visit a Museum or a Park! -- Take a picture or selfie and show it to us for one punch per visit.
4. Collect Your Prizes (beginning July 8 - last day is August 3)!
- First Level Prizes:
- Lakeside Amusement Park Ticket, Used Book Emporium coupon, Barbed Wire Books coupon, and Culver's coupon
- Pick from the Treasure Chest of Bookmarks (K-12) or pick from the Baby Prize Basket (birth to 3ish)
- Second Level Prizes (for both age groups):
- Choice of book bag
- Pick from Treasure Chest of coupons (one coupon only)
- Entry into one of five raffles --
- One month of free classes at a local Longmont Karate dojo
- FunkoPop figurines
- A ukulele
- Prize pack of treats and gift certificates from local downtown businesses
- SURPRISE Prize!
A SUPER BIG THANK YOU to our generous local sponsors:
The Summer Reading Program ends Saturday, August 3, 2018
All punch cards and forms must be completed and turned in by August 3. No prizes will be given out after that date. All prizes are while supplies last.
Be Sure to Check our all our Great Summer Events, Too!
Important Notices Regarding Our Summer Reading Programs:
- Summer Reading Programs are about reading and earning prizes -- summer activities and programs are separate from the reading programs and do not require participation in the reading programs.
- Our Summer Reading Programs are at your pace. As soon as you finish your first reading level, come in for your prizes and start on your next one. We'll be ready for you whenever it works for your family's schedule. No need to worry any more about being out of town and missing out on your prizes. Last day to pick up prizes is August 11.
- To obtain more information about these Summer Reading Programs, please call the Library at 303-651-8477 or stop by the Children's Information Desk.
- Registration is required. Click on the button below.
- Comuníquese con Amy al 303-651-8783 para información en español.