Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
ThriftU: Fall Semester
- Date: 09/04/2019 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Master the art of thrift store upcycling with your ThriftU degree! Earn your degree in as little as two hours with the Longmont Library ThriftU program.
- Classes are free so no financial aid is needed and there are no pesky loans to repay! Get your education started today!
- For ages 16 and older.
- Class size is limited to 25 people.
- Decreasing household waste is an important strategy of the City’s Sustainability Plan, thank you for helping us achieve our goals of reducing waste through reusing and recycling. Visit the Sustainability Program’s webpage to learn more about the City’s sustainability goals and strategies.
- Wednesday, September 4, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- The first class in the semester will be a lesson in getting spooky. We will learn to create some creepy decorations for the Halloween holiday from thrift store dishes and figurines.
- Supplies will be provided, but you can also bring old dishes or figurines from home.
- Registration is required and will open on Monday, August 5 at 10 am. No email address? Call 303-651-8472 to register by phone.
- Wednesday, November 13, 6:30 to 8:30 pm
- This class will teach you to stand out with your gift giving this holiday season. Learn how to use thrift store fabric scraps to make lovely gift tags and clever gift card holders to attach to your presents.
- Supplies will be provided, but you can also bring fabric scraps from home.
- Registration is required and will open on Monday, October 14 at 10 am. No email address? Call 303-651-8472 to register by phone.