Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this Calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events and is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Mindfulness and Meditation for Teens
- Date: 09/21/2019 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- The new school year has started and that means stress and anxiety for many teens. We're here to help with a program designed just for you.
- Marcia Walker will present this program about mindfulness, meditation and movement for teens, based on the book by Mallika Chopra called Just Breathe. She is a certified yoga instructor and a zen meditation practitioner with the Prairie Mountain Zen Center in Longmont.
- This program will include breathing practices, mindfulness meditation and yoga poses.
- Teens will be encouraged to find a safe, happy, quiet space within their homes and to set an intention to practice mindfulness meditation daily.
- For 6th through 12th graders only.
- Also, September is National Suicide Prevention Month, so watch for events all month hosted by Supporting Action for Mental Health. Learning to create and sustain mental wellness is key to a long, contented life.
- No registration required.