Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Mindfulness and Meditation for Teens
- Date: 09/21/2019 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
Return to full list >>
- The new school year has started and that means stress and anxiety for many teens. We're here to help with a program designed just for you.
- Marcia Walker will present this program about mindfulness, meditation and movement for teens, based on the book by Mallika Chopra called Just Breathe. She is a certified yoga instructor and a zen meditation practitioner with the Prairie Mountain Zen Center in Longmont.
- This program will include breathing practices, mindfulness meditation and yoga poses.
- Teens will be encouraged to find a safe, happy, quiet space within their homes and to set an intention to practice mindfulness meditation daily.
- For 6th through 12th graders only.
- Also, September is National Suicide Prevention Month, so watch for events all month hosted by Supporting Action for Mental Health. Learning to create and sustain mental wellness is key to a long, contented life.
- No registration required.