Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this Calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events and is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Sunday AM & PM Swim Lessons Start
- Date: 09/08/2019
- Location: Centennial Swimming Pool
1201 Alpine St.
Longmont, Colorado 80504
- Introduction: New swim lesson sessions start on September 8 at Centennial Pool (afternoon) and the Longmont Recreation Center (morning).
Classes meet once a week, and both sites offer a variety of class options; Aquababy/Aqua Tot, Water Explorers, Preschool (Turtle, Alligator, Seal), American Red Cross Levels (Level 1, 2, 3, 4), and the City of Longmont's BLAST program (Beginning Blast, Blast 1, 2, 3), Teen 1 & 2, and Adult 1 & 2.
Small Class swim lessons offered at Centennial Pool! Does your child learn better in a smaller group environment? Small Class Swim Lessons guarantee a maximum of 3 students per teacher.
Sunday Afternoon Swim Lessons at Centennial Pool
Swim lesson session starts on September 8 and goes through October 27. Classes are offered between 3pm and 5:30pm.
Sunday Morning Swim Lessons at the Longmont Recreation Center
Swim lesson session starts on September 8 and goes through October 27. Classes are offered between 8:30am and 11am. Normally, open swim is available during swim lessons at the Longmont Recreation Center, but on Sundays, from 8:30am-11am is reserved for swim lessons and lap swim, with NO open swim.
What to Know:
Do you know what class would be the best fit for your child? Here is how to find out:
- Check out our Swim Lesson Descriptions.
- Call Centennial Pool (303-651-8406) to talk to a swim lesson guru and/or arrange a free swim lesson evaluation.
- Registration will close after the 2nd day of class, or when class is full.
How to Register:
- View Fall Swim Lesson Schedule (pull-out from the Fall Recreation Brochure).
After you find the class you are interested in:
- To register online for Sunday Mornings, please visit this link, and enter in the activity number in the search bar.
- To register online for Sunday Afternoons, please visit this link, and enter in the activity number in the search bar.
- Call Centennial Pool, (303-651-8406), to register over the phone and pay with a credit card.
- Stop in at any City of Longmont Recreation Facility (view recreation facility addresses).
- Desired class is already full? Ask to be added onto the wait list, for free! If enough people sign up on the wait list, we can create a NEW class!