Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Flood Risk Management Public Meeting
- Date: 09/18/2019 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Museum
400 Quail Road
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Introduction: The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will provide details of its feasibility study, share its draft report/Environmental Assessment and update its timeline at this open house and public meeting. A formal presentation will take place at 6:15 p.m., with information stations available before and after.
NOTE: The event time and formal presentation time have been updated.
This public meeting and open house will provide details of the U.S Army Corps of Engineers' (USACE) feasibility study, share next steps in the process, and seek public comments on the recommended flood risk management plan. The event will be held from 5-7 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 18, at the Longmont Museum, 400 Quail Rd. A formal presentation will begin at 6:15 p.m., with information stations available before and after it.
No RSVP is required for the event.
In late August 2019, the USACE released its draft report and Environmental Assessment (EA) on options for work in the area upstream of the BNSF railroad bridge to Hover Street. The report is the result of the feasibility study begun in early 2017. The report shares USACE’s preferred alternatives for work in its study reach (which corresponds with the Resilient St. Vrain project reach known as Izaak Walton Reach 2).
The draft report and EA is available for public review and comment for a 30-day period, through 5 p.m. MST Oct. 4, 2019. The report materials may be viewed online at https://www.nwo.usace.army.mil/Missions/Civil-Works/Planning/Planning-Projects/LongmontCO/ or via paper copy at Longmont Public Library, 2nd Floor Reference Desk, 409 Fourth Ave.
Public comments must be postmarked or received by Oct. 4, 2019, and may be submitted via the following methods:
Postal mail: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Omaha District, CENWO-PMA-A, ATTN: Tim Goode, 1616 Capitol Avenue, Omaha, NE 68102-4901
In person: Comment forms will be available at the Sept. 18 public meeting