Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Stories of Elders w/Author Veronica Kirin
What the Greatest Generation Knows about Technology that You Don't
- Date: 10/03/2019 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- This fascinating program explores what our elders think of technology. Author Veronica Kirin drove 12,000 miles across America to interview our oldest living citizens about how technology changed everything over their lifetimes. The interviews were edited into a 15-minute documentary featuring members of the Greatest Generation, which will be shown and discussed.
- Kirin also turned the information gathered from the interviews into the book, Stories of Elders: What the Greatest Generation Knows about Technology that You Don't.
- Two Longmont residents are featured in Kirin's book and documentary and one of them, Hal Royer, will be attending the program as well.
- Book sales and signing to follow.
- See Kirin's Tedx Talk here.
- Can't attend? This program may be streamed live online, courtesy of the Longmont Observer. You can view these livestreams on the Longmont Observer website and on its Facebook page. The program may also be recorded and available on our Watch Recent Programs page.
- Registration is required and will open on Tuesday, September 3 at 10 am. No email address? Call 303-651-8472 to register by phone.