Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Create & Learn: Native Bee Habitat (Plus a Cook Out)
- Date: 09/20/2019 5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Location: Art: Sandstone Seasons - Roy's World; Looking West, Road in Snow and Gate Facing North and Ice House - Fall Afternoon
3001 Colorado Highway 119
Longmont, Colorado 80504
- Introduction: Come spend the evening with family and friends and help create native bee habitat at Sandstone Ranch. This is a family-friendly event for ages 8+.
NOTE: Age range has been lowered to allow for younger volunteers (with accompanying adult).
Come spend the evening with family and friends and help create native bee habitat at Sandstone Ranch. This is a family-friendly event for ages 8+.
We will meet at the large shelter (E2) south of the soccer fields, off of Sandstone Drive.
We'll create "bee walls" for various species of native bees to nest in while learning about some of Colorado's 900+ species of native bees. Stick around afterwards for a hot dog cook out.
The trees used to create the bee walls were thinned from a forested area of Sandstone Ranch during the Thin Trees for Wildlife & Native Bees Volunteer Event.
CLOSE-TOED SHOES ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL ATTENDEES because we be around machinery such as drills.
Registration is required for this activity. Register through the JoinUs Volunteer Portal to reserve your spot.
Questions about this activity should be directed to the POST Volunteer Coordinator.