Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
SafeTALK: Suicide Alertness Training
Suicide is preventable—and everyone has a role to play. safeTALK gives you usable tools to make a difference.
- Date: 11/09/2019 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Location: SVVSD Learning Services Center 395 S. Pratt Parkway
395 S. Pratt Pkway
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Introduction: SafeTALK is a 3 1/2 hour alertness training that prepares anyone 15 or older, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper.
This class is offered at no cost to community members by the City of Longmont and Supporting Action for Mental Health.
SafeTALK : Suicide Alertness Training
Almost all of us have, or will have, someone in our life who could be at risk for suicide.
- How do you know if someone is having thoughts of suicide?
- What should you say or not say?
- Where can you find help?
You could help save the life of someone you know or love by attending Safe TALK (Suicide Alertness for Everyone).
This 3.5 hour workshop will offer skills that will help you not to miss, dismiss, or avoid signs of suicide. You will also learn how to approach someone you are worried about as well as how to connect them with lifesaving resources.
Due to the nature of the workshop, it is imperative that participants be able to attend the training in its entirety.
Participants must be 15 or older to attend. Youth (ages 15-17) must have a parent complete a permission form prior to the training. Please email John Kellow if you need a permission form.
This class is sponsored by Supporting Action for Mental Health. Click here to learn more about the program.