Welcome to Longmont's Calendar of Events!
The events listed on this calendar are City of Longmont sponsored events. This is not a comprehensive list of all activities happening around the community. Dates and times of these events are subject to change without notice.
Trash, Recycling, & Composting - Holidays & Events
- View via the address-based Online Collection Calendar and sign up for reminders.
Other Community Events
- To view other events being held around Longmont, please visit the Longmont visitors bureau events calendar at VisitLongmont.org.
Subscribe to the City Calendar
- To get events emailed to you directly, sign up for the Calendar eNotifications and then select the Calendar categories.
Ninth Avenue Improvements Open House
- Date: 01/15/2020 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Location: Public Works Operations
375 Airport Road
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Introduction: Ninth Avenue from Airport Road to Hover Street is scheduled to receive multimodal transportation and pavement management improvements in 2020.
Ninth Avenue from Airport Road to Hover Street is scheduled to receive multimodal transportation and pavement management improvements in 2020. These improvements are described in greater detail below.
At the open house, a brief presentation will be given at 5:15 p.m., and staff will be available afterwards to answer questions.
- Bike Improvements – 9th Avenue will receive on-street bike lanes from Airport Road to Hover Street. To accomplish this, minor roadway widening is necessary between Iron Court and Wade Road. Additionally, modifications to existing right-turn lanes are needed to accommodate the bike lanes.
- Asphalt and Concrete Repairs – The aging asphalt and concrete pavement infrastructure will be repaired with this project using varying types of pavement rehabilitation and maintenance activities. A significant portion of 9th Avenue is in poor condition and will require a major reconstruction repair effort.
Refer to the map below for more information on planned improvements. Further details about asphalt and concrete rehabilitation can also be found at LongmontColorado.gov/pmp.
Schedule and Impacts:
Construction is expected to begin summer of 2020. Two weeks prior to the start of work, roadside message boards will be placed on 9th Avenue to provide notice. The anticipated project duration is four to five weeks; however, there may be periods of inactivity between construction phases resulting in a slightly longer project duration.
Due to the narrow pavement width of 9th Avenue, the reconstruction effort will require closures to 9th Avenue for up to three weeks. Local traffic access will be maintained at all times. Construction will be phased to limit vehicle impacts as much as practical, but significant disruptions in normal traffic operations should be expected and alternate routes may be necessary.