Skean Dubh Celtic Band
- Date: 03/12/2020 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
- Skean Dubh is one of the most enjoyable Celtic/Acoustic bands in the Rocky Mountain region.
- Their diverse repertoire spans centuries with fire-driven instrumentals, Scottish ballads, Irish pub-songs, Celtic folksongs, and gorgeous slow airs. Their music demonstrates to old and young alike the rich and varied musical heritage of the Celtic people.
- These versatile musicians have received accolades consistently over the years for their exuberant performances. They have that unique combination of traditional melodies, driving rhythmic accompaniment, and extremely musical vocals that make their performances unforgettable. The music may be Celtic, but the drive and enthusiasm are akin to full on rock.
- They have continually delighted audiences both with their musical styling and with their unusual instrumentation (a unique blend of traditional and modern instruments) including: Uilleann, (Irish) bagpipes, fiddle, guitar, banjo, bouzouki, whistles, mandolin, bodhran, and accordion.
- For all ages.
- Registration is required and will open on Wednesday, February 12 at 10 am. No email address? Call 303-651-8472 to register by phone.
Can't attend? This program may be streamed live online, courtesy of the Longmont Observer. You can view these livestreams on the Longmont Observer website and on its Facebook page. The program may also be recorded and available on our Watch Recent Programs page.