Want to learn more about sustainability or take part in activities that contribute to creating a sustainable Longmont? Check out these events.
DONATE to Say Yes to the Red Carpet Dress event
- Date: 03/07/2020 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Location: Library
409 Fourth Ave.
Longmont, Colorado 80501
Return to full list >>
- PART ONE: DONATE!
- Many teenagers in our community are not able to attend their school proms and dances due to cost of formal wear. Although schools do provide free tickets to events, clothing expenses can be prohibitive. We think that every student who wants to attend their school's function should be able to, but we need YOUR HELP!
- We are seeking very gently used evening attire suitable for teenagers to wear to prom or other formal or semi-formal dances, including dresses, tuxes, suits, skirts, bow-ties, dress slacks, sports coats, etc.
- We welcome a range of sizes and styles, as well as appropriate shoes and accessories.
- Clothing must be dry cleaned with dry cleaning tags attached.
- Donations will be happily accepted:
- Daytime: Wednesdays & Thursdays, 1 to 3 pm
- Evening: Mondays, 6 to 8 pm
- Weekends: Saturdays, March 7 & March 21, 9 am to 5 pm
- Please understand that, while we appreciate your generosity and willingness to participate, we are limited by time and space constraints. Therefore, it is possible that we may not be able to accept every offered item.
- We cannot return items that have been donated for the event. Any items that are not selected by participants will be donated to local charities at the conclusion of the event.
- PART TWO: COME SHOPPING!
- Saturday, April 4, 12:30 to 2 pm (Add to Calendar)
- Come "shop" from our curated selection of stepping-out-styles. Does that sound like a made up term? It kind of is… it’s hard to describe the actual amazing range of items available to you for FREE at this fun program. You’ll have to see for yourself and do the leg work it takes to discover the ultimate, most-one-of-a-kind prom-wear out there. Bring all your friends and have fun with us!
- Not going to prom? But still want to look amazing? Come shop the boutique for a look to help you feel your finest while living your best life.
- For those in grades 6th - 12th only.
- Aloha Trading Co., 356 Main St. in Longmont is a generous partner for this program. Stop by and say thanks next time you're downtown!
- No registration required.