Many of our parks provide shelters that offer an excellent place to host gatherings or special events. A complete list of parks with shelters is provided below; click the park name to review details about that park.
Access our online park shelter reservation system to find availability and submit your reservation.
To reserve a park shelter via phone, call (303) 651-8404.
Guidelines for Reservations
- Park shelter reservations are stopped Thursdays at noon for that weekend's rental.
- Park shelter reservations are made on-line by credit card, by phone with credit card (303-651-8404 ) or by cash/credit card in person at 700 Longs Peak Avenue (Recreation Services)
- Shelter reservations may be made months in advance. Reservations are accepted for dates April through October. Reservations are not accepted for winter months when restrooms are winterized.
- Reservations are made on a first-come/first serve basis and need to be paid the day the reservation is requested.
- You are renting the shelter, you do not have exclusive use of the park or restrooms.
- Bouncy houses, pony rides and petting zoo's are not allowed in any City Park.
- You must follow all Park Rules.
- Signing a Park Shelter Reservation Agreement form is required for every rental confirming no alcohol, no live music or amplified sound.
Rental Rates for City Park Shelters
Effective December 8, 2015
Daily rental rate for groups of under 99 people
- April 8 - May 14: $45 resident/ $56.25 non-res
- May 15 – August 14 (Peak Season): $65 resident/ $81.25 non-res
- August 15 - October 13: $45 resident / $56.25 non-res
For groups of 100 people or more, a special application is required and the fee will be based on the number of people attending. You may be required to rent port-o-lets for larger groups.
Please be aware that special permits are required if you are holding a large event, charging admission or serving or selling alcohol. Learn more about such permits, including when you need them, how you get them and how much they cost by visiting the City Clerk's Licensing and Permits webpage or contacting the Clerk's Office.
Left Hand Creek Neighborhood ParkAmenities:
- Basketball (hoops, not full court)
- BBQ Grill or Pit(s)
- Multi-use Field(s)
- Parking Lot(s)
- Picnic Area(s)
- Public Art
- Roller Hockey Rink
- Trails (Paved and Gravel)
- Volleyball Court(s) - Sand
Neighborhood Park Hours: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
This 11.5-acre park is located along Left Hand Creek south of Pike Road. The park was constructed in 1997 and open to the public in 1998. The park features a roller hockey rink and separate basketball court, extensive playground area including an adjacent 'ground maze', multi-use play fields, picnic shelters, walkways, creek overlook and sand volleyball court located near the western shelter. The eastern shelter is located in the middle of the playground. To view a complete list of park amenities and associated trail distances, visit our Plans, Maps & Reports webpage and view the Park Amenities Chart.
For more information or to reserve a shelter at this park, contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.
An Art in Public Places project titled "Picnic In Left Hand Park" by Robert Ressler was installed in 2005. This climbable sculpture is found at the western end of the park and is near the shelter.