Dog Parks are open 1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sunset, seven days a week, except as otherwise posted.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- No puppies under 4 months are allowed (because of risk of parvovirus)
- Please keep your dog on leash until you are inside the park and keep your leash on hand. Close the gate behind you.
- The limit is 3 dogs per person, per visit.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- If there are other dogs in the park, please keep your dog on leash until you are sure they are compatible.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited. It is recommended that dogs be spayed or neutered.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If any person or dog is bitten by a dog at the park, report it to the Longmont Police Department Animal Control Office, (303) 651-8501.
- Dog owners must be responsible. By removing your dog's leash, you are guaranteeing to other park users that your dog is safe.
- Please pick up after your dog. The success of the dog parks depends on owners taking responsibility for their dogs.
- Young children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Dog Park Courtesies
- Help keep the area clean and odor free.
- Keep the dogs on the sidewalk while traveling to and from the dog park.
- Keep dogs off of private property.
- Encourage other users to clean up after their pets at all times.
Note: parks may be closed during the year to allow the grass to re-establish.
Please park in designated lots.
List of Longmont Dog Parks
Stephen Day Neighborhood ParkAmenities:
- Basketball Court(s)
- BBQ Grill or Pit(s)
- BMX/Mountain Bike Area
- Dog Park
- Multi-use Field(s)
- Parking Lot(s)
- Picnic Area(s)
- Skate/Wheels Park
- Spray Water Feature
- Trails (Paved)
- Volleyball Court(s) - Sand
Neighborhood Park Hours: 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Stephen Day Park held a grand opening on July 26, 2005. The park is on the corner of East Mountain View Avenue and Deerwood Drive - south of Fall River Elementary School. The park was named in honor of Stephen Day, a local Vietnam war veteran who won a distinguished service award and a Bronze Star.
The park's features include a skate area and BMX / mountain bike area, basketball court, sand volleyball court, multi-use play field, off-leash dog exercise area, water spray ground for the kids (and adults) to play in. Landmarks and the Explorers Plaza are Art in Public Places pieces by Joe McGrane, installed in 2005, and are on the northern and eastern sides of the park. There are two shelters at the park - the west shelter is 12' x 18' with two picnic tables and a grill overlooking the multi-use field. The large shelter is 18' x 36' with four picnic tables and two grills and located south of the play and spray ground area (exclusive use is not available). To view a complete list of park amenities and associated trail distances, visit our Plans, Maps & Reports webpage and view the Park Amenities Chart.
The design done by BHA (a landscape architectural firm out of Fort Collins) is based on a Voyager theme - as selected during the public design process. The theme found throughout the park. Sunken ship earthen berms surround the playground, a wavy walk skirts the perimeter of the playground as do steep ship walkways - all unique play features. A maze is found to the east of the playground along with the explorers plaza (world map showing major world voyages). The architecture resembles boat houses. The large shelter features canoe shapes in the concrete slab. The small shelter can also be used as a bandstand or small performance area. The perimeter of the park features native grasses and plantings to promote water conservation. Look for hand prints of the community members (adults and children) who helped design the park in the walkway near the restrooms. Construction was completed by Fisher Construction Inc.
The parking lot can hold 38 cars including two handicap accessible spaces. The park is located along the Spring Gulch primary greenway.
Water Features at Stephen Day Park are turned on during summer months.
For more information or to reserve a shelter at this park, contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.