Many of our parks provide shelters that offer an excellent place to host gatherings or special events. A complete list of parks with shelters is provided below; click the park name to review details about that park.
Access our online park shelter reservation system to find availability and submit your reservation.
To reserve a park shelter via phone, call (303) 651-8404.
Guidelines for Reservations
- Park shelter reservations are stopped Thursdays at noon for that weekend's rental.
- Park shelter reservations are made on-line by credit card, by phone with credit card (303-651-8404 ) or by cash/credit card in person at 700 Longs Peak Avenue (Recreation Services)
- Shelter reservations may be made months in advance. Reservations are accepted for dates April through October. Reservations are not accepted for winter months when restrooms are winterized.
- Reservations are made on a first-come/first serve basis and need to be paid the day the reservation is requested.
- You are renting the shelter, you do not have exclusive use of the park or restrooms.
- Bouncy houses, pony rides and petting zoo's are not allowed in any City Park.
- You must follow all Park Rules.
- Signing a Park Shelter Reservation Agreement form is required for every rental confirming no alcohol, no live music or amplified sound.
Rental Rates for City Park Shelters
Effective December 8, 2015
Daily rental rate for groups of under 99 people
- April 8 - May 14: $45 resident/ $56.25 non-res
- May 15 – August 14 (Peak Season): $65 resident/ $81.25 non-res
- August 15 - October 13: $45 resident / $56.25 non-res
For groups of 100 people or more, a special application is required and the fee will be based on the number of people attending. You may be required to rent port-o-lets for larger groups.
Please be aware that special permits are required if you are holding a large event, charging admission or serving or selling alcohol. Learn more about such permits, including when you need them, how you get them and how much they cost by visiting the City Clerk's Licensing and Permits webpage or contacting the Clerk's Office.
Izaak Walton Nature Area
- Address:18 S. Sunset St.
Longmont, CO 80501
- Capacity:20 - 50
- Activity Room(s)
- Fishing (ages 14 & under)
- Meeting Space
- Parking Lot(s)
- Picnic Area(s)
- Trails (Paved and Gravel)
- Rental Space
- Address:18 S. Sunset St.
Nature Area Hours: 1 Hour Before Sunrise to 1 Hour After Sunset
Izaak Walton Nature Area was donated to City of Longmont in 1989 by the V.V. Golden Foundation. Used for nearly half a century by the Izaak Walton League for sport fishing and skeet-shooting, this facility sat unimproved until 1999. The nature area features native vegetation, wildlife habitat enhancements and passive recreational activities. The site is 21.5 acres in size which includes a 15.7-acre pond. The nature area is also a trail head along the St. Vrain Greenway. "Gather Enough People Here" is a mechanical art piece installed by Robert Tully in 1999, and is found at the southwestern corner of the pond. The pond was dedicated as a youth fishing pond.
- Nature Area Hours: 1 hour before sunrise to 1 hour after sunset.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times and are not permitted in the water.
- Deposit all trash and litter in designated trash receptacles.
- No glass or alcohol permitted.
- Restrooms are available.
To view a complete list of amenities and associated trail distances, visit our Plans, Maps & Reports webpage and view the Park Amenities Chart.
"Chick" Clark Kids' Fishing ProgramThe 15.7 acre pond is managed as a recreational fishery for the exclusive use of children ages 14 and under (parents are encouraged to help). Learn more about this program on the Chick Clark Kids' Fishing Program webpage.
Clubhouse and Shelter Use
The Izaak Walton Shelter (located outside of the Clubhouse) is not available for general reservation and is free on a first-come, first-served basis. It can be reserved for a full day in conjunction with rental of the Izaak Walton Clubhouse.
For general information about this park, contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.