Dog Parks are open 1 hour before sunrise and 1 hour after sunset, seven days a week, except as otherwise posted.
- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- No puppies under 4 months are allowed (because of risk of parvovirus)
- Please keep your dog on leash until you are inside the park and keep your leash on hand. Close the gate behind you.
- The limit is 3 dogs per person, per visit.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- If there are other dogs in the park, please keep your dog on leash until you are sure they are compatible.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited. It is recommended that dogs be spayed or neutered.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If any person or dog is bitten by a dog at the park, report it to the Longmont Police Department Animal Control Office, (303) 651-8501.
- Dog owners must be responsible. By removing your dog's leash, you are guaranteeing to other park users that your dog is safe.
- Please pick up after your dog. The success of the dog parks depends on owners taking responsibility for their dogs.
- Young children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Dog Park Courtesies
- Help keep the area clean and odor free.
- Keep the dogs on the sidewalk while traveling to and from the dog park.
- Keep dogs off of private property.
- Encourage other users to clean up after their pets at all times.
Note: parks may be closed during the year to allow the grass to re-establish.
Please park in designated lots.
List of Longmont Dog Parks
Dog Park #1Amenities:
- Dog Park
- Picnic Area(s)
Dog Park Hours: 1 Hour Before Sunrise to 1 Hour After Sunset
Dog Park #1 is located at the corner of 21st and Francis Streets.
Please park west of the dog park at Garden Acres Community Park or east of the dog park at Carr Neighborhood Park. Both lots are located on 21st Avenue. Be courteous to the neighbors. Neighborhood parking is discouraged.
The park may be closed during parts of the year to allow the grass to re-establish. Find a listing of additional dog parks on our main Dog Parks webpage as well as detailed guidelines and courtesies for visitors.
Visit the Plans, Maps & Reports webpage and click Map of Parks in Longmont to see all parks displayed on an interactive map. Choose from the Amenities dropdown menu to find parks with the amenity you are seeking, such as playground, pool, or picnic area.
For general information, contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.