- Dogs must be licensed and vaccinated.
- No puppies under 4 months are allowed (parvo virus disease)
- Please keep your dog on leash until you are inside the park and keep your leash on hand. Close the gate behind you.
- The limit is 3 dogs per person, per visit.
- Dogs may not be left unattended.
- If there are other dogs in the park, please keep your dog on leash until you are sure they are compatible.
- Dogs in heat are prohibited. Spayed/neutered dogs are recommended.
- No aggressive dogs allowed. If any person or dog is bitten by a dog at the park, report it to the Longmont Police Department Animal Control Office, (303) 651-8501.
- Dog owners must be responsible. By removing your dog's leash, you are guaranteeing to other park users that your dog is safe.
- Please pick up after your dog. The success of the parks depends on owners taking responsibility for their dogs.
- Young children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
Dog Park Courtesies
- Help keep the area clean and odor free.
- Keep the dogs on the sidewalk while traveling to and from the dog park.
- Keep dogs off of private property.
- Encourage other users to clean up after their pets at all times.
Note: parks may be closed during the year to allow the grass to re-establish.
Please park in designated lots.
Dog Park #1Amenities:
- Dog Park
- Picnic Area(s)
Dog Park #1 is located at the corner of 21st and Francis Streets.
Please park west of the dog park at Garden Acres Park or east of the dog park at Carr Park. Both lots are located on 21st Avenue. Be courteous to the neighbors. Neighborhood parking is discouraged.
The park may be closed during parts of the year to allow the grass to re-establish. Find a listing of additional dog parks on our main Dog Parks webpage as well as detailed guidelines and courtesies for visitors. To view a complete list of park amenities and associated trail distances, visit our Plans, Maps & Reports webpage and view the Park Amenities Chart.
For general information, contact Parks, Open Space & Trails.