Recycle Your Holiday
Christmas Tree Recycling – Drop-off Locations
From December 26 through January 7, the City will offer four Christmas tree recycling locations:
- Roosevelt Park - Parking lot south of 8th Avenue
- Garden Acres Baseball Park - West side of parking lot off 18th Avenue
- Kanemoto Park - Parking lot off of S. Pratt Parkway
- Centennial Park - East parking lot off of Alpine Street
Please remove all decorations and lights strands from your tree. You also can recycle your tree at the Waste Diversion Center.
Recycle Additional Holiday Items – Waste Diversion Center
Beginning December 26 through January 31, you can bring your wrapping paper, holiday light strands, cooking oil and block, white Styrofoam to the Waste Diversion Center (WDC) to be recycled. There will be specially designated bins to recycle these specific materials.
- Wrapping Paper: Do not put holiday wrapping paper in your curbside recycling container. Wrapping paper is considered a contaminant in the single-stream recycling process due to its high clay content and low fiber content, thus requiring that it be kept separate from all other recyclables. We'll have a special bin at the Waste Diversion Center just for wrapping paper.
- Note: please do not include metallic wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, ornaments, tissue paper, fluorescent or dark paper, or paper covered in tape (these items are not recyclable).
- Tissue paper, fluorescent or dark paper can be composted at the WDC or in your curbside composting cart
- Holiday Lights: Have light strands that have died? You can recycle them! Please wrap each string of lights into a ball and drop them in the appropriate container at the WDC.
- Cooking Oil: Cooking oil and grease poured down the drain can coagulate in the pipes and cause blockages, wreaking havoc on your plumbing system. After your holiday feast, save the oil and bring it to the WDC for proper disposal.
- Styrofoam: This material can take a million or more years to decompose. Keep it out of the landfill and recycle it. Bring your white foam block and peanut Styrofoam and drop them in special collection containers at the WDC. White foam block is also accepted year-round!
Holiday Trash and Recycling Collection
There will be no trash and recycling collection on:
- Christmas Holiday, observed Monday, December 25
- New Year’s Holiday, observed, Monday, January 1
Trash, recycling and composting services will be provided the day after a holiday. Collection services will be provided the day after a holiday. During a holiday week, if your normal collection day falls ON or AFTER the holiday, your services will be provided one day later than normal.
For more information, visit www.LongmontColorado.gov/solidwaste or call (303) 651-8416.