Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
City Reaffirms Constitutional Rights and Community Values
Resolution passed in 2016 has added meaning today in light of recent events in Charlottesville, Virginia.
A RESOLUTION OF THE LONGMONT CITY COUNCIL TO REAFFIRM OUR
CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AND OUR COMMUNITY VALUES
THE COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF LONGMONT, COLORADO, RESOLVES:
- To affirm our constitutional rights and the rights granted by amendments to the constitution; and
- To confirm our community values as a safe, healthy, respectful and welcoming community with fair opportunities for all residents to live, work and play in Longmont; and
- To state that we are not a city ruled by fear; and
- We will not stand for bullying, threats, violence or bigotry.
- Furthermore, the people of Longmont stand together to protect and respect each other, no matter what our difference; and
- We celebrate our rich and abundant diversity, as well as take pride in our strength together.
- The Council repeals all resolutions or parts of resolutions in conflict with this resolution, but only to the extent of such inconsistency.
Passed and adopted this 13th day of December, 2016.