Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
Swim Lessons Rock!
Don't let summer fun end after Labor Day!
September is a bitter-sweet time of year. We long for those cool fall nights and days, but yet, the idea of no more summer sunshine at the pool is quite saddening! To help combat the post-summer blues, we recommend signing up for SWIM LESSONS! By signing up for a 1/2 hour or 45 minute swim lesson, you have a weekly reason to keep summer at the pool, a year-round reality!
Centennial Pool offers a variety of swim and dive lessons in the mornings, evenings, and afternoons. Lap swim is available during swim lessons except for Mon/Wed evenings, and the fitness room is always open during lessons.
- Mon/Wed mornings- preschool classes, ages 2.5-5yrs, start September 6
- Mon/Wed evenings- all levels, ages 3yrs and up, start September 6
- Saturday mornings- all levels, Aqua Baby/Tot (18months) through Adults, start September 9
- Sunday afternoons- all levels, ages 2.5 through adults, start September 10
Centennial Pool has two, 1 meter competition diving boards, and offers multiple levels of diving: Beginner, Intermediate 1 & 2, and Advanced. Participants must be at least 7 years of age, and comfortable independently swimming in the diving well.
The Longmont Recreation Center has two indoor pools (25yard lap pool and leisure pool), as well as a hot tub, sauna, steam room, and family locker rooms. You can enjoy lap swimming, the track, weight room, or playing with your children in the leisure pool during swim lessons. The only exception is Sunday mornings, between 8:30am-10am, the leisure pool is only open to swim lessons to provide a calm, quiet, learning environment.
If you choose to enjoy the Longmont Recreation Center's amenities before or after swim lessons, please check in at the front desk. Entry fee is NOT included in swim lesson fees.
- Tues/Thurs mornings- Aquababy, Aquatot, and preschool classes, start September 5
- Tuesday afternoons- all levels, ages 3yrs and up, start September 5
- Wednesday afternoons- preschool classes, start September 6
- Thursday afternoons- all levels, ages 2.5yrs and up, start September 7
- Sunday mornings- all levels, Aquababy (18months) through Adults, start September 10
To find the correct class for you or your little swimmer, check out our Swim Lesson Descriptions, swim lesson pages in the Fall Recreation Brochure, or call Centennial Pool (303-651-8406) to talk to a swim lesson guru and/or arrange a free swim lesson evaluation.
Register early to secure your preferred class. Registration will close after the 2nd day of class, or when the class is full.
How to Register:
- To register online, please click on your preferred day above.
- If you’re visiting the website on your mobile device, use this link https://rec.ci.longmont.co.us and do an Activity Search for the class you are interested in.
- Call Centennial Pool, (303-651-8406), to register over the phone and pay with a credit card.
- Stop in at any City of Longmont Recreation Facility (view recreation facility addresses).