News From the City of Longmont

Citywide News

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

We have a wide variety of news iitems and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.

Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.

Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.

Longmont City Council now recruiting to fill vacancies on several City advisory boards

Post Date:09/27/2017 5:34 pm

Help Guide Longmont's Future

The Longmont City Council is recruiting to fill vacancies on several City advisory boards.

If you have a desire to serve your community and participate in the deliberation of topics of importance to the city, consider applying to serve on a volunteer advisory board. Persons shall be eligible to serve on boards and commissions who live in the City of Longmont for one year prior and have been qualified electors of the City of Longmont (registered voters) for one year prior to their appointment.

Current vacancies on Council appointed boards are:

  • Art in Public Places Commission
  • Board of Environmental Affairs
  • Cable Trust Board
  • Callahan House Advisory Board
  • Golf Course Advisory Board
  • Historic Preservation Commission
  • Housing and Human Services Advisory Board
  • Longmont Housing Authority
  • Master Board of Appeals*
  • Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
  • Planning and Zoning Commission
  • Senior Citizens' Advisory Board 

*Special requirements

 How To Apply

Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, November 10, 2017

Click to apply for a board online.


Download a fillable pdf application here and deliver or send it in to:

Longmont City Clerk's Office
350 Kimbark St.
Longmont CO  80501

Questions about applying or about an advisory board?

 Please call the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649.

Return to full list >>
View Full Site