Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
UPDATE: Latest Winter Weather Alert
Electric ServicesAs of 4:00 p.m., power has been restored to almost all customers, thanks to the hard work of the Longmont Power & Communications crews. If weather conditions worsen again, there may be additional or recurring outages, and crews will be dispatched to restore power. If you are experiencing an outage, please call our outage line at 303-776-0011. If you are having difficulty getting through, it may be due to high call volumes; please try calling again after waiting a few minutes. If your power is not restored within an hour, please call back.
- The Memorial Building will now close at 5 p.m., since power has been restored to almost all customers
- All City facilities plan to reopen on a normal schedule tomorrow, Thursday, March 14
- Road conditions are wet in some areas on the west side of town, slushy and snow packed throughout the system, but there are no road closures, thanks to the hard work of our Public Works and Natural Resources plow operators, who will continue to work through the night
- Some southbound traffic signals are snow covered, so take care when driving
Longmont Police are currently on accident alert. Accident Alert means that the weather conditions are so severe that the number of accidents outnumber the capacity of officers to respond. While we are on accident alert, officers will only respond if the following circumstances exist:
- Vehicles are disabled due to damage.
- Accident involves a fatality or an injury requiring medical attention.
- Alcohol or drugs are involved.
- Accident is an alleged hit and run.
- There is damage to public property
In case of the circumstances above, please call Longmont Emergency Communications Center at 303-651-8501.
If none of the above circumstances exist, please exchange information with the other driver(s) and visit www.LongmontColorado.gov. Search “file police online report” to find a link for filing a report.
As always, you can find the latest news on the City’s website – www.LongmontColorado.gov