Longmont Celebrates Bike Month
Strap on your helmet and jump on your bicycle – it’s time to celebrate 2019 Colorado Bike Month. Longmont riders can participate in two June events: Bike to Beverage Day on Saturday, June 15, and Bike to Work Day on Wednesday, June 26.
COLORADO BIKE MONTH
Colorado is a premier bicycling state. To celebrate bicycling for transportation, fun and health, Colorado designates each June as Bike Month. At the same time, Longmont joins a nationwide effort to encourage cycling novices and enthusiasts to experience the fun and freedom of safely riding a bike to work, school, errands and recreation.
BIKE TO BEVERAGE DAY
Ride your bike to one of many participating businesses on June 15 and sip on your favorite beverage with incentives to those who ride their bikes in. To receive the incentive, you need to show your bicycle helmet as proof of your ride. Before you go, call your favorite beverage business to confirm the incentive that is being offered and whether there are any restrictions such as time of day the incentive will or won’t be offered. And the City would love to see a photo of you with your bike in front of the business that you visit. Post your photos on Facebook, and use the hashtag #LongmontBike. This year, these businesses are participating in Bike to Beverage Day:
• Brewmented, 900 S. Hover Street
• Dry Land Distillers, 471 Main Street, Unit B
• Left Hand Brewing, 1265 Boston Avenue
• Longmont Bicycle Company, 314 Main Street
• Longs Peak Pub & Taphouse, 600 Longs Peak Avenue
• Mike O’Shays, 512 Main Street
• Oskar Blues Home Made Liquids and Solids, 1555 Hover Street
• Pumphouse Brewery, 540 Main Street
• Shoes & Brews, 63 S. Pratt Parkway
• St. Vrain Cidery, 350 Terry Street
• The Smoothie Shop, 1131 Francis Street
• The Post Brewing Company, 1258 S. Hover Street
• Tasty Weasel Taproom, 1800 Pike Road
• Wibby Brewing, 209 Emery Street
• Ziggi’s Coffee, 400 Main Street and 1139 Francis Street
BIKE TO WORK DAY
The highlight of Bike Month is Bike to Work Day when employees leave their cars at home and enjoy bicycling to work. On June 26, Longmont residents are encouraged to ride to work and visit any of the breakfast stations around town. Find a list of participating businesses at BiketoWorkDay.us/stations.
Hint: the best breakfast station is at the Longmont Civic Center! Don’t forget about the after work specials available at many local businesses.
Longmont Recreation Services is offering a series of bicycling classes in June. They include Emergency Road Mechanics, Navigate Your Way Longmont, Biking for the “Re-beginners,” and Bike Maintenance: Useful Repairs and Maintenance You Can Do for Yourself. For more information and to register visit LongmontColorado.gov/rec.