Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
Rescheduled Leaf Collection Pickups for Monday and Tuesday Customers
The City of Longmont’s Waste Services Division is rescheduling Fall Leaf Collection services for residents with Monday and Tuesday trash collection. Wednesday and Thursday leaf bag collection schedules will remain the same. The new collection schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday trash collection customers should put any bagged leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. Monday, Nov. 4 (as previously scheduled).
- Thursday trash collection customers should put any bagged leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. Monday, Nov. 11 (as previously scheduled).
- Tuesday trash collection customers should put any bagged leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. Monday, Nov. 18 (rescheduled date).
- Monday trash collection customers should put any bagged leaves at the curb by 7 a.m. Monday, Nov. 25 (rescheduled date).
Warm fall weather has led to local deciduous trees holding onto their leaves later than projected, explained City of Longmont Waste Services Manager Charles Kamenides. Those weather fluctuations have led to a one-time adjustment to the collection schedule, he explained.
Affected residents are being contacted in a variety of ways, including through collection notification updates and social media announcements.
Leaves may be bagged in paper or plastic bags, but all bags must be placed curbside before 7 a.m. on the Monday of the designated collection week and should be left out the entire week until collected.
Longmont’s curbside leaf collection is a courtesy service that typically runs for four consecutive weeks starting at the end of October. The collection offers residents a chance to clean up as much possible before winter weather arrives. It is coordinated with the Citywide fall street sweeping operations that help clear streets and storm drains ahead of winter snowfall.
To dispose of leaves that fall later in the season, the City offers two additional options:
- The Waste Diversion Center, at 140 Martin St., accepts yard waste year-round during its open hours of 7:30 am to 4:45 pm Monday through Saturday.
- Curbside composting is available to Longmont residents as an add-on to their recycling and trash collection services. Composting is collected every other week and offers a convenient, low-cost way to regularly dispose of all types of yard waste, including leaves, grass trimmings, small branches, flowers and plants. Learn more about Longmont's curbside composting program >
Changes to collection schedules are rare, but residents are encouraged to stay informed by visiting bit.ly/collection-schedule to sign up for collection reminders and notifications or to download the Waste Services mobile app, available in the App Store and Google Play Store.
For more information on Longmont’s Fall Leaf Collection rules and tips, visit bit.ly/leaf-collection. For related questions or to sign up for curbside composting, contact Waste Services via email at ServiceWorks@LongmontColorado.gov or by calling 303-651-8416.