Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
COVID19: How Can I Help
Longmont Community Coming Together
*** Please note that this may no longer be current information. For current information, please visit our main Coronavirus page. ***
Longmont residents have always come together in time of need. We have weathered major flooding, record-breaking snow, previous flu outbreaks and many other surprises. We encourage you to take the time to give back to these non-profits if you are able. Please do not take any items that are not listed below to local non-profits.
- Agape Safe Haven (10656 Parkridge Ave). Agape Safe Haven is a sober Christian homeless ministry currently helping 11 homeless adults. They have an immediate need for cleaning supplies and snack foods for their guest. Items can be dropped off on the front porch; please send an email to email@example.com after dropping the items off so the guests know to expect a donation. For more information, please contact Jessica Bennet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cultivate (6325 Gunpark Drive #F, Boulder). Carry-Out Caravan is Cultivates most critical service at this time. This non-profit has enrolled an unprecedented number of new clients in the last week as seniors, who might otherwise be able to shop for groceries, are no longer able to leave their homes. Cultivate is currently in need of donations of unopened toilet paper rolls and packages as well as bar soap to distribute to senior residents who have been unable to secure these items. These items can be dropped off Monday through Thursday from 9 AM - 2 PM at 6325 Gunpark Dr., Ste. F, Boulder, CO 80301. There will be a drop off area that follows social distancing guidelines. For those seeking to make a donation to help defray unexpected expenses related to safety precautions for our clients and volunteers please visit the link above.
- Longmont Community Foundation (636 Coffman #203). The Neighbor to Neighbor COVID-19 Relief Fund is designed to provide financial resources to charitable organizations in Longmont and St. Vrain Valley area that are involved in supporting vulnerable populations that have been stressed by the outbreak. The Longmont Community Foundation encourages institutions, companies and other funders to contribute to the Fund. 100% of funds received will be distributed quickly and a final report of the distributions will be available on our website after the funds have been expended from the Neighbor to Neighbor Covid-19 Relief Fund. To donate online to the Longmont Community Foundation or send a check to:
Longmont Community Foundation
Attn: Neighbor to Neighbor
636 Coffman Street, Suite 203
Longmont, CO 80501
- HOPE (804 South Lincoln). Serving Homeless. Info pending. HOPE website.
- Meals on Wheels (910 Longs Peak). Meals on Wheels (MOW) temporary office hours will be 8:30 - 12:30pm, Mon - Fri. If residents would like to donate MOW are accepting prepackaged factory sealed single serve items such as; fruit cups, granola bars, Jell-o. MOW could also use fresh fruit and monetary donations. NO homemade food items. MOW will have a donation shelf outside, Mon - Fri, 9 - 12pm by our west entry door. Monetary donations can be made online. MOW is not in need of volunteers at this time. MOW are continuing to sign up seniors who are in need of services and individuals with disabilities who are under 55, if they have a doctor referral. All community lunch participants are welcome to sign up for home delivery meals. If a client is sick MOW are asking clients to put a cooler outside of their home for MOW to deliver to.
Our Center (220 Collyer St., Longmont). Our Center is in need of volunteers in the morning and again in the afternoon for a drive through pantry. Please call (303)772-5529 and ask for Julie if you are able to assist. The Our Center is also in need of unopened food and personal hygiene products. Food and hygiene products can be dropped off at 220 Collyer.
Donate Blood. Blood supplies are reaching critically low levels and donors are needed. Please call 1-877-25-vital or visit the Vitalant website for additional information and registration. UC Health / Longs Peak Hospital also has blood donation options, please call 970-495-8965.
Please check back frequently. We will update as information is made available.
If you are a Longmont non-profit (and have documentation of 501c3 status) and interested in adding your non-profit needs to this list, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.