Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
COVID-19 Update on Essential City Services and Resources Available
The City of Longmont is working closely with local, regional and national partners to plan, prepare and respond to the impacts the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) may have on our community. We are supporting efforts to safeguard the health and safety of local residents and City employees and working to ensure essential City services continue to operate.
Utility Services and Parking Fees
In order to help Longmont's residents care for themselves and their families, the City will not disconnect a customer's utility services until further notice. We are also suspending any additional fees for outstanding parking tickets. In addition, NextLight will provide qualifying families with two free months of NextLight service and an option to then continue service at $14.95/month.* To learn more about this program, please call 303-651-8386.
*For new customers only that participate in a public assistance program. Service may not be available in all areas.
We are working with our Community Partners and other area agencies to provide assistance for those who may be experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19. If you are experiencing financial hardship, these agencies may be able to help:
- TANF: Colorado Works/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a federal program that provides cash assistance to needy families with dependent children. An application for Colorado Works will also be considered for food assistance, Medicaid, and child support services. Child care assistance and other supportive services are available for job seekers
- Home Steady: Home Steady is a housing assistance program that allows you to get back on track in the event of short-term financial hardship. Contact the OUR Center to see if you qualify at 303-772-5529.
- The Longmont Community Foundation has started the Neighbor to Neighbor COVD-19 Relief Fund, which is designed to provide financial resources to charitable organizations in Longmont and the St. Vrain Valley area that are involved in supporting populations that have been affected by the outbreak.
- Unemployment Benefits: Colorado workers affected by temporary closures due to COVID-19 are eligible to receive unemployment benefits. For more information, please visit the Colorado Department of Labor and Employer’s website.
Access to City Services During Closure
We are working behind the scenes to make sure that we are able to continue to provide essential services to our residents. Click here for a list of City services that will still be available during the closures.
We are continuing to follow preventative guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
How Can I Help?
You asked (thank you!) and we have information on how community members can donate or volunteer at our local non-profits. This list will be updated regularly as needs change.
What you can do to prepare, help others and prevent the spread of germs
- Make sure you have enough medication for at least 30 days
- Check on your neighbors, especially those who are elderly
- Contact your healthcare professional if you are feeling unwell
- If you’re sick, stay home
- Wash your hands frequently
- Practice social distancing
- Consider donating or volunteering at one of our local non-profits
Please visit our website at longmontcolorado.gov/news for continued updates and take advantage of our online resources available to stay informed. You can register for eNotifications to receive the latest updates from the City of Longmont, check LongmontColorado.gov often, follow the City on social media, and register for the EverBridge service for emergency notifications to your mobile device.