Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
COVID-19 Update: Where can I go for help?
*** Please note that this may no longer be current information. For current information, please visit our main Coronavirus page. ***
We are working closely with our community partners to make sure that our residents have accesses to the services that they need. Below is a list of where you can find access to basic services in Longmont. If you have any questions regarding any of the services, please reach out to the agencies directly. We are working to develop additional resources and will send out an update as these additional services become available.
Access to Food
OUR Center (220 Collyer Street, 303-772-5529 or email@example.com) - Change in services beginning Monday, March 23rd:
- Lunch available via a drive-through system from noon to 1:00 PM daily.
- Groceries available via a drive-through system Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and Friday from 9 AM to noon and Tuesdays from 1:00 to 5:30 PM. Participants are eligible to come for groceries once/week to supplement their food needs.
- Resource specialists will continue to be available by phone (303-772-5529) weekdays from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Donations of food, toiletries, and cash are being accepted weekdays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM at the south side receiving door.
Meals on Wheels (Call 303-772-0540 for more information)
- Longmont Meals on Wheels provide meals Monday through Friday to eligible seniors and people with disabilities in Longmont, Niwot and Hygiene who are unable to provide meals for themselves. Anyone under the age of 55 is asked to get a health providers referral before starting. Please contact LMOW at 303-772-0540 for more information.
St. John the Baptist Food Bank (804 S. Lincoln Street, Call 303-678-1469 for more information)
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday: 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM, Wednesday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM, Thursday: 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- In order to minimize contact, food boxes will be brought out to residents’ cars. An application and photo ID may be required. Please call 303-678-1469 prior to arriving for more information.
Round Pantry (1500 Hover Street, Westview Presbyterian Church)
- No cost food distribution on Tuesday, March 24 from 2:00 – 7:00 PM (entry to drive lane not allowed before 1:30 PM). Shoppers will drive or walk up to receive standard prepacked boxes and bags of food. Enter from the Eastbound lane of 15th Avenue/exit onto 16th Avenue. Prior to arriving, please make room for a large box and two plastic grocery bags in the back of your vehicle. Walkers – please approach from 15th Avenue and walk toward the table near the front entrance and maintain distance. NO PARKING IN CHURCH LOTS. No qualification required (during normal operation, ID and proof of address are requested).
Programs for Seniors
Cultivate (Call 303-443-1933 or visit cultivate.ngo for more information)
- Cultivate’s Carry-out Caravan program connects members of the community with seniors 60+ who face the challenge of securing reliable access to groceries. In Longmont, orders are taken on Monday and volunteers shop for groceries at the King Sooper’s on 17th and Pace for deliver to client’s homes on Tuesday. This is a free service but a credit or debit card from the client is required to pay for your groceries.
People Experiencing Homelessness
- Coordinated Entry: Due to ongoing COVID-19 health concerns, Coordinated Entry staff will be working remotely and will be conducting assessments via phone only. Any client needing to go through Coordinated Entry in Longmont should call 303-579-7364 between noon and 2pm. If you don’t have access to a phone, please go to HOPE administrative offices at 804 S. Lincoln Street and you will receive assistance in connecting with Coordinated Entry Screening there.
- Access to Restrooms: Many restrooms at City parks, trails and open space areas are closed from October to April to prevent damage to above-ground plumbing. Find details on park restrooms that are open now. Public park restrooms will be cleaned twice daily.
- TANF: Colorado Works/Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a federal program that provides cash assistance to needy families with dependent children. An application for Colorado Works will also be considered for food assistance, Medicaid, and child support services. Child care assistance and other supportive services are available for job seekers.
- Home Steady: Home Steady is a housing assistance program that allows you to get back on track in the event of short-term financial hardship. Contact the OUR Center to see if you qualify at 303-772-5529.
- Unemployment Benefits: Colorado workers affected by temporary closures due to COVID-19 are eligible to receive unemployment benefits. For more information, please visit the Colorado Department of Labor and Employer’s website.
City of Longmont Community and Neighborhood Resources (Call for more information 303-651-8444)
- Mediation services are available to help communicate with landlords and tenants who have been impact by the COVID-19 epidemic. We offer mediation services to open communication and assist with conflict resolution. Our office can help to communicate early and often to discuss the financial realities and discuss an arrangement that could be workable for everyone.
- Systems navigation: Our office can help direct you to other resources that may be available in the community.
Please visit our website at longmontcolorado.gov/news for continued updates and take advantage of our online resources available to stay informed. You can register for eNotifications to receive the latest updates from the City of Longmont, check LongmontColorado.gov often, follow the City on social media, and register for the EverBridge service for emergency notifications to your mobile device.