Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
Downtown Re-striping Scheduled For March 23-March 26
The City of Longmont has contracted with American Striping Company to re-stripe some of Downtown's on-street parking lines that are in need of new paint. Please see details below, including a link to a map of the activity areas.
- Work Dates: March 23-26 (Monday-Thursday), subject to weather/scheduling changes
- Streets: Click to view the map of areas where specific activity is currently planned.
- Main Street – 1st to 9th Avenues
- Kimbark Street – 4th to 6th Avenues / 8th to 9th Avenues
- 3rd Avenue – Coffman to Main Streets
- 4th Avenue – Coffman to Kimbark Streets
- 5th Avenue – Coffman to Kimbark Streets
- Crews will work on ONE side of the street at a time so the other side remains open for parking.
- Work Hours:
- Main Street – 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- All other streets – 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- No Parking Signs: Temporary No Parking signs will be placed on affected areas, per the schedule, 24 hours in advance.
- The temporary signs will include the date and time when the parking ban is to be enforced, as well as the phone number (303-651-8416) for the City's Customer Service Center, which can respond to any questions/concerns.
Additional re-striping and crack sealing will take place in designated Downtown public parking lots later this spring/summer. More information will be provided as that work is scheduled.
Downtown businesses with questions about this striping project are encouraged to contact Longmont Downtown Development Authority Specialist Del Rae Heiser at at (303) 651-8586.