Find Us On Facebook
We have a wide variety of news items and they are displayed below initially by the most recent date first, but if you prefer, you can sort them by Category and/or Departments.
Subscribe: To receive an email of news items that we send out to our subscribers, sign-up for our News eNotifications and choose the news categories that you are interested in receiving.
Archived News: News that was published three (3) months or longer will appear in the Archived News area. The link is directly below the drop-down menus.
Waste Collection Reminders to Stay Safe During COVID-19
Trash, recycling and composting collections are continuing as normally scheduled for Longmont residents.
To help ensure collection service can continue efficiently, please continue following these guidelines when preparing your carts for pickup.
- Do not overfill your carts. All lids should be able to close fully.
- We understand that being home more may lead to generating additional materials. If you are generating more waste than can fit into your current cart, we offer easy options to increase your trash cart size, add composting service or add an additional trash cart (additional fees may apply). You can submit a request online 24/7 at ServiceWorks.LongmontColorado.gov or call the PWNR Customer Service Center at (303) 651-8416 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Bag all trash to ensure the safety and sanitation of collections, as well as to help prevent litter on windy days.
- Do not bag or sort recyclables, as doing so jams the mechanical sorting equipment.
- Compostables may be bagged in paper bags or certified compostable bags, or placed loose in the cart if they can be covered with yard waste, newspaper or soiled paper and cardboard. (Certified compostable or paper bags are available at local businesses and online.)
If you have items that are not accepted in curbside collection, the Waste Diversion Center, 140 Martin Street, offers a bulk recycling station in the front of the facility. Disposal of tree limbs or hard-to-recycle items is currently limited to Longmont resident use only. Contractors and those who are not Longmont residents will not be allowed to use those services. More details are available at bit.ly/waste-diversion-center.