Longmont Sustainability Coalition
The Longmont Sustainability Coalition is seeking additional members! Our next quarterly meeting will be from 5-7 pm Tuesday, Dec. 5, at the Longmont Public Library. This group brings diverse perspectives and expertise together to advise city staff on the progress of the Sustainability Plan as the City works to achieve our sustainability goals.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide feedback on tracking and reporting progress of strategy implementation and associated sustainability initiatives
- Provide feedback on the annual review of goals, objectives, and targets in the Sustainability Plan
- Identify opportunities and barriers to strategy implementation
- Identify mechanisms to ensure that sustainability activities and benefits are equitably shared across our community
- Support community outreach and engagement efforts
- Support advocacy for sustainability initiatives
- Provide technical expertise as needed
Interested in joining us? Please RSVP to Lisa Knoblauch, Sustainability Coordinator.
The Longmont City Council voted 6-0, with Council Member Bonnie Finley absent, to adopt the Sustainability Plan via Resolution on Nov. 29, 2016. The Sustainability Plan supports the guiding principles of Envision Longmont while focusing on actions that can be taken over the next ten years to help meet long-term goals that promote social equity, environmental stewardship, and economic vitality for all residents of Longmont. The plan utilizes an integrated, relational approach to identify objectives, targets, timelines, and activities in ten primary topic areas, including:
o Air Quality
o Built Environment
o Economic Vitality
o Food System
o Natural Environment
Para información de sostenibilidad en Español, por favor comuniquese con:
Lisa Knoblauch, Coordinador de Sostenibilidad
Lisa Knoblauch, Sustainability Coordinator
Send Lisa an email if you'd like to receive Longmont Sustainability Plan updates or use the sign-up box provided at the top of this page.