The Longmont Sustainability Coalition is seeking members! The goal of the coalition is to bring diverse perspectives and expertise together to advise city staff on the progress of the Sustainability Plan as the City works to achieve our sustainability goals. The roles and responsibilities include:
- Provide feedback on tracking and reporting progress of strategy implementation and associated sustainability initiatives.
- Participate in the annual review of objectives, targets, and strategies in the Sustainability Plan.
- Identify opportunities and barriers to strategy implementation.
- Identify mechanisms to ensure that sustainability activities and benefits are equitably shared across our community.
- Support community outreach and engagement efforts.
- Support advocacy for sustainability initiatives.
- Provide technical expertise as-needed.
Meetings are held quarterly on Tuesdays from 5:00-7:00 pm.
The meeting schedule for 2019 is:
- Location: S. Bowen Conference Room at the Utility Center, 1251 S Bowen St, Date: February 5
- Location: Conference Room A at the Senior Center, 910 Longs Peak Ave, Dates: May 7 | August 6 | November 12
For more information or to RSVP, contact our Sustainability Program Manager.