The City Council seeks applications from citizens interested in serving on boards, committees or commissions through a bi-annual recruiting process. Look for advertisements around September and March of each year. For information about the duties and responsibilities of the boards and commissions, please visit each board's page.
You must be a registered voter within the city limits of Longmont for one year prior to being appointed. Only a few boards have special qualifications for serving*. All positions are on a volunteer basis and are non-paying.
- Please follow the link below to apply online. You will see a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your application after you click "Submit". If you do not see this confirmation page, please call the City Clerk's Office to confirm your application has been received.
- Please Note: A separate application must be filled out for each individual board on which you wish to serve.
- After the application deadline, all applications are collected and an interview date is set.
- City Clerk's Staff will contact all applicants to schedule an interview time after the application acceptance date closes. Applicants are encouraged to attend the interviews.
- City Council will make appointments at a Regular Session meeting.
- Applicants are contacted the day after appointments are made to notify them as to whether or not they were appointed.
For any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (303) 651-8649.
Applications for the board vacancies listed below will be accepted until Friday, November 22, 2019 at 5 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews for boards and commissions will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019.
City Council is not currently recruiting for Boards and Commissions however, we will accept application all year. Please check back often for more information.
HOW TO APPLY
You will see a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your application online after you click "Submit".
If you do not see this confirmation page, please call the City Clerk's Office to confirm your application has been received.
Apply in Person or by Mail
- Complete it and bring it to the City Clerk's Office, 350 Kimbark St., Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Fax it to (303) 774-4721 to the attention of the City Clerk's Office
- E-mail it to City Clerk's Office