Boards, Committees and Commissions - Vacancies and Application
The City Council seeks applications from citizens interested in serving on boards, committees or commissions through a bi-annual recruiting process. Look for advertisements around September and March of each year. For information about the duties and responsibilities of the boards and commissions, please visit each board's page.
You must be a registered voter within the city limits of Longmont for one year prior to being appointed. Only a few boards have special qualifications for serving*. All positions are on a volunteer basis and are non-paying.
IMPORTANT NOTE: A separate application must be filled out for each individual board on which you wish to serve.
- Please follow the link below to apply online. You will see a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your application after you click "Submit". If you do not see this confirmation page, please call the City Clerk's Office to confirm your application has been received.
- City Clerk's Staff will contact all applicants to schedule an interview time after the application acceptance date closes. Applicants are encouraged to attend the interviews.
- City Council will make appointments at a Regular Session meeting.
- Applicants are contacted the day after appointments are made to notify them as to whether or not they were appointed.
For any questions, please contact the City Clerk’s office at (303) 651-8649.
THE CLERK'S OFFICE IS CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR ALL BOARDS LISTED BELOW.
*Special qualifications required
+ Different qualifications and appointment process
INTERVIEW NOTICE: Interviews for boards and commissions will take place on
HOW TO APPLY
PLEASE NOTE: The online application does not work well if you are using a mobile device (cell phone, for example). Please use a laptop or desktop computer to complete the online board application. If you do not own a computer, you can pick a paper copy of the application up in the City Clerk's Office, 350 Kimbark St.
When submitting your application online, you will see a confirmation page thanking you for submitting your application after you click "Submit". If you do not see this confirmation page, please call the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649 to confirm your application has been received.
Apply in Person or by Mail
- Complete it and bring it to the City Clerk's Office, 350 Kimbark St., Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Fax it to (303) 774-4721 to the attention of the City Clerk's Office
- E-mail it to City Clerk's Office