The Longmont Downtown Development Authority (LDDA) is governed by a seven (7) member Board of Directors and two (2) ex-officio members, one representing the City of Longmont and the other representing the St. Vrain Valley School District. The seven appointed board members serve four (4) year terms and must either reside in, be a business lessee, own real property or manage a property within the downtown district.
The LDDA's purpose is to prevent deterioration of property values within the district and to assist in the development and redevelopment of the district.
The affairs of the Authority are under the direct supervision and control of its Board which has all powers customarily vested in a board of directors of a corporation including the power to:
- exercise supervisory control over the director and staff of the Authority;
- study and analyze the impact of economic changes and metropolitan growth on the Central Business District;
- plan and propose, within the plan area, plans of development for public facilities and other improvements to public and private property and to implement any such plan of development;
- cooperate with any governmental entity, particularly the City of Longmont and its Planning Department in developing long range development plans;
- make and enter into contracts necessary or incidental to the exercise of its powers and the performance of its duties; and
- to utilize tax increment revenues, as set forth in the laws of the State of Colorado and the Longmont Municipal Charter.
Meeting Time and Place
Fourth Wednesday of each month
Longmont Downtown Development Authority Office
320 Main Street
For copies of LDDA Agendas and Minutes please contact Executive Director Kimberlee McKee.
Kimberlee McKee, Executive Director of the LDDA, 303-651-8484
You may get in touch with Board members by contacting the executive director.
City Council Liaison and Voting Member
Jim Golden, City Finance Director