The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board consists of seven (7) members appointed to serve three (3) year terms. The purpose of the board is to advise City Council on all aspects of the management and development of the City Parks and recreation programs.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board is advisory only. Its primary functions and duties include:
- Recommend to City Council all matters concerning policy, care, use management, and planning of all city properties and facilities controlled by the Parks and Recreation Departments;
- Revise and update a long range plan for the development and maintenance of parks;
- Review the Parks and Recreation Departments annual budget request and make recommendations to City Council;
- Make recommendations to City Council regarding the expenditure of any cash or securities as may be advised or given to the board for park and recreation purposes; and
- Coordinate all Parks and Recreation matters with any public or private agencies including the review and recommendation on contracts for use and establishment of all parks and recreation facilities.
Meeting Time and Place
Second Monday of every month - 6:30 p.m.
7 S. Sunset Street
Longmont, CO 80501
Public Can Participate Live During Virtual Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Meetings
In order to protect residents, staff, and elected officials from COVID-19, Longmont residents are urged to provide public comment from the comfort and safety of their homes by watching the meeting via livestream (links below) and by calling in on a phone number to provide public comment when prompted to do so during the meeting.
The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board will hold their regularly scheduled meeting at 6:30p.m. on Monday, June 8, 2020, via remote virtual meeting. Comments are limited to three minutes per person. Information will be displayed and announced during the live meeting directing the public on how to call in to the meeting and when to do so.
As public participation is an integral part of any government and deeply valued by Longmont’s elected officials, the City has changed to a new software for remote meetings in order to allow for public comment to be made during the meeting.
The monthly Board agendas are posted below. The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board meetings are live-streamed and can be viewed on the City’s YouTube channel, on LongmontPublicMedia.org
Agendas/Minutes by Date
|December 9, 2019||Agenda/Packet||Approved Minutes|
|January 13, 2020||Agenda/Packet||Approved Minutes|
|February 10, 2020||Agenda/Packet||Approved Minutes|
|March 9, 2020||Agenda/Packet|
|April 13, 2020||Cancelled due to COVID-19|
|May 11, 2020||Cancelled due to COVID-19|
June 8, 2020
Meeting Minutes Archives
The Park and Recreation Advisory Board keeps six months of records on the website. Please visit the link below to view previous months Board minutes.
You may get in touch with Board members by contacting the staff liaison or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Friesner, Recreation Manager - (303) 651-8393
- Aurora Black, Administrative Assistant - (303) 651-8821
- Nicola Davidson, Administrative Assistant - (303) 774-4756
- Veronica De Santiago, Administrative Assistant - (303) 774-4750
| Board Member
|| Term Expiration
| Dan Ohlsen
| Robert Pudim
| Katja Stokley
| Sue Ahlberg
| Paige Lewis
| Aren Rodriguez
|| City Council Liaison