All construction drawings must be legible and submitted in duplicate. Plans may be blueprints or originals on a good grade of plain white paper. Plans must either be drawn to scale or with all dimensions clearly shown. The following list includes the types of drawings needed for a typical detached garage, shed or other accessory building, whether new or remodel. If you need additional information, please contact Building Inspection at (303) 651-8332 or email@example.com
PLOT PLAN (see sample plot plan)
- North Arrow.
- Date of plan (and revisions).
- Property address.
- Lot dimensions and corner elevations.
- Easements and adjoining street name(s).
- Curb cuts, paving, parking, sidewalks and garage locations.
- Location of proposed and existing structures including house, detached garages, and sheds.
- Show dimensions of all buildings, distance to property lines and distance between buildings.
- Height of structure, top of foundation and property corner elevations.
- Location of utility lines inclusive of water, sewer, electric and gas lines. Show point of attachment to house.
- Drainage pattern (must conform to approved development drainage plan).
- Dimensions of footing and foundation wall.
- Overall foundation dimensions.
- Depth of footings below grade.
- Column footing size and locations.
- Beam size and bearing locations.
- Reinforcing steel size and anchor bolt size and locations.
- Windows, vents, and access size and locations.
- Building section with material specifications (see a sample building section).
- Grade and species of all wood framing members.
- Size, location and spacing of studs, joists, rafters, pre-engineered trusses, hips, valleys, purlins, and struts.
- Size and location of beams, columns and headers.
- Roof and floor sheathing materials.
- Bracing details.
- Exterior elevation - (Label FRONT, REAR, RIGHT, LEFT). Indicate building materials to be used. Finish grade with slope shown.
- Floor plan for each level (see a sample floor plan)
- Label rooms, and show dimensions.
- Location and size of walls, windows, doors, stairs, cabinets, guardrail and window wells.
- Plumbing fixtures, water heater, furnace, boiler, air conditioner and cooking appliance locations.
- Location of chases and chimneys for venting of fuel-burning appliances (specify type of fuel).
- Type, size R-value of insulation in walls and ceiling. (walls R-18, attic R-38)
- Fireplace or stove location, type and installation details.
- Size of service.
- Location of panel.
- Electrical plan with outlets, switches, fixtures and smoke detectors.