Join the Bright EYES initiative by:
- reading to your children
- registering children from the City of Longmont in the Mayor’s Book Club
- contacting Bright EYES to see how you can help
- Born to Read
- Boulder County Public Health
- City of Longmont
- Early Childhood Council of Boulder County
- Ed and Ruth Lehman YMCA
- Salud Family Health Center
- St. Vrain Valley School District
- TLC Learning Center
Are you looking for quality child care for your child? Qualistar, which rates childcare programs in your area, has an online search engine for quality childcare and preschool programs. You will need to register, but then will be able to do a customized online search. Here is the link: http://www.qualistar.org/child_care/. The Early Learning Guide will help you with what questions you might want to ask when looking for child care. Early Learning GuideNew Parent Resources:
- The Community Roots Midwife Collective is a team of dedicated, passionate midwives and reproductive health practitioners working to create a self-sustaining healthcare organization that provides homebirth options and reproductive health care to ALL, regardless of financial position. Come join Community Roots Midwife Collective for Milk Circle, a FREE infant feeding support group open to anyone looking for encouragement and community around feeding an infant. Whether your baby is receiving breastmilk, formula, or transitioning to solids, this group offers advice from Certified Lactation Counselors and wisdom from other parents in our community to assist you in healthfully feeding your little one. Milk Circle is held every Thursday from 10:30-11:30am at 738 Coffman St., Longmont 80501. Visit Midwife collective.com or call 1.855.664.3943 for more information. http://www.midwifecollective.com/
Únete a la Colectiva de Parteras para Círculo De La Leche o Milk Circle, un grupo GRATIS de apoyo para la alimentación infantil abierto a cualquier persona que busque aliento y comunidad alrededor de alimentar a un bebé. Si su bebé está recibiendo leche materna, fórmula, o es en la transición a los sólidos, este grupo ofrece consejo de los consejeros certificados de la lactancia y la sabiduría de otros padres en nuestra comunidad para ayudarle en alimenta a su pequeño saludablemente. Milk Circle se celebra todos los jueves de 10:30-11:30am en 738 Coffman St., Longmont 80501. Visite midwifecollective.com o llame a 1.855.664.3943 para más información. http://www.midwifecollective.com/
- ICAN of Denver is a chapter of the International Cesarean Awareness Network, Inc. (ICAN), a nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).
- ICAN of Loveland 1-800-686-ICAN (4226) Ext. 312 Serving Loveland, Fort Collins, Greeley, and surrounding areas.
- New Mom’s Group- 4747 Arapahoe Ave. Boulder, CO 80303
Having a community of peers is invaluable as you adjust to your new role as mom. A specially trained nurse is available to answer your questions - and we serve refreshments! No need to register, no fee.
TIME: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: Foothills Hospital, Leo Hill conference room on the main floor http://www.bch.org/Community-Events/Event-Details.aspx?Event=40
- La Leche League – Longmont Group-Evening and morning meet-ups, monthly http://longmontlll.org/meetings.html
- Genevieve Johnson, Therapist, The Bridge Center for Play Therapy, Longmont 720.600.4992 http://www.playtherapylongmont.com
- Community Infant Program (CIP) works with high-risk families to promote healthy attachments between parents and infants. Nurses and mental health therapists provide services in the home for parents who experience difficulty in adjusting to a new infant or young child.
These services focus on positive parenting, healthy nutrition and feeding practices, and creating family support systems.
The CIP Program also help families identify any health problems, and guide them to appropriate health care services. Services are provided for a limited number of high-need families with children from birth to three years of age.
- The Postpartum Wellness Center-Boulder supports all types of families. While Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADS) are a big part of what we support and treat, we are focused on promoting the mental health of all women, men, children, and families through reproduction and the transition to parenthood and beyond. Our center focuses on the mental health of families. Our collaborative partners provide lactation support, acupuncture and chinese medicine, and naturopathic medicine as a part of this effort. http://www.pwcboulder.com/
- THE MOTHER'S CENTER is home to life-enriching events and activities including circle work, group meditation, private retreat space and support for the birthing journey. http://www.themotherscenter.org/
- Birth Center of Boulder- a free standing birth center and women's health clinic in the heart of Boulder http://www.birthcenterofboulder.com/ Parenthood, especially the first year, is immense, tender, consuming and important.
- Maternity and childbirth services, as well as post-partum services at cost http://www.boulderdoulacircle.com/
- We are not designed to parent in isolation, we are designed to come together... so let's come together! Maria and Jenevieve facilitate a weekly group for new parents with newborns up until they are mobile. Every Monday [weekly] 10am-11:30am at the Boulder Birth Center http://www.nurturingstrategies.com/Parents_with_Infants.html
- Joy Collective: Pregnancy, Parenting, Wellness Center- Come see one of our Boulder based practitioners for a number of therapies and modalities for health and vitality. http://www.pregnancyparentingboulder.com/services.html
- Judith Partin, Licensed Professional Counselor Education, talks on mental health issues, counseling, sliding scale 303‐444‐6423 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jaymi Devans, FNP, Manual Therapy (Bodywork) Somatic Therapy; Adjunct treatment for depression, anxiety, bereavement, palliative care; Private pay (no insurance coverage), sliding scale option; Mountain Hands at the Longmont Healing Arts Clinic email@example.com 303‐887‐0748
A website that links residents to community resources in Boulder County.
Colorado Crisis Services
24-hr Hotline: 844-493-8255
text TALK to 38255
A statewide resource for mental health, substance use or emotional crisis help, information and referrals.
Let’s Talk Colorado
The goal of the Let’s Talk Colorado campaign is to encourage everyone to talk more openly about mental health so that people who need treatment are more likely to seek it.
211 Colorado Mental Health & Addiction Resources