Children, Youth and Families mission is to "inspire and empower children, youth and families to be active responsible members of society while strengthening the connection with the community."
Children, Youth and Families volunteers are able to help in some of the following areas:
- Support the after school and/or summer programs by supervising or leading activities such as tutoring, workshops, or chaperone field trips for youth grades 6th-12th
- Assist with our school year and/or summer meals program
- Help our mayor's book club or reading league
- Help with our annual Children, Youth and Families events
Longmont Youth Council Board Member
Would you like a say in what's happening with youth in our community? Longmont Youth Council is an advisory board to City Council on Youth issues. Please contact Olga Bermudez or call (303) 774-3760. To join you must attend a Longmont High School or have a Longmont mailing address.
Available Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- After School Zone Tutor (4:00 PM- 5:00 PM, Monday-Thursday)
- Mayor's Book Club
Available Event Volunteer OpportunitiesLongmont Celebrates Cinco de Mayo
Saturday May 4th, 2019
Various shifts available throughout the day
Number of volunteers needed: 35
Aspire Graduation Ceremony
Friday June 7th, 2019
4:00 PM- 8:00 PM
Number of volunteers needed: 3
Available Internship Opportunities
- (1) social work graduate level internship
- (1) undergraduate level internship
If you are interested in volunteering with Children, Youth and Families or would like to sign up for our monthly newsletter please contact Karen Moreno or call 303-774-3755.