City Council Eligibility
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be a qualified elector for at least a year
- Must have resided in the City of Longmont for one-year immediately preceding the election date
- Must reside within the ward applying for, if elected for a Ward seat
City Council will consider a resolution to call a Special Election at their regular session on Nov. 28, 2017. Once the date of the election is officially set, candidate information, forms and deadlines will be finalized. Residents of Longmont who are interested in running for election to the vacant City Council Ward I seat must circulate a nomination petition to get their name on the ballot. Said petition must contain the signatures of at least twenty-five (25) Longmont residents who are registered to vote and who reside within Ward I.
Dates for circulating petitions (assuming the Special Election is called on Nov. 28, 2017 and is set for Feb. 27, 2018): Nov. 29, 2017 through Dec. 18, 2017.
Deadline for filing completed petitions: Monday, Dec. 18, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
- Candidate Information Packet
- Nomination Petition (Do not circulate the petition until Nov. 29, 2017)
- Candidate Affidavit (file within 10 days of publicly announcing your candidacy)
- Candidate Committee Statement of Organization (file before taking any contributions)
- Campaign Reporting forms
Please contact the City Clerk's office at (303) 651-8649 if you have questions or need assistance.
- Election Ward Map (pdf, 604KB)