The Longmont Fair Campaign Practices Act (LFCPA), revised effective May 6, 2019, was adopted by the Longmont City Council outlining contribution limits and establishing requirements for reporting campaign activity by local municipal candidates, issue committees, and individuals or groups making independent expenditures during elections.
City Council candidates may accept contributions to assist them in conducting their campaigns and are limited to the following contribution amounts per election cycle:
- $250 from any person
The forms needed for filing committee, campaign and independent expenditure reports are listed below and may be downloaded from this site.
**Forms for declaring candidacy and candidate nomination petition forms can be found on the Candidate Guidelines page**
- CANDIDATE COMMITTEE STATEMENT OF ORGANIZATION (must be filed prior to accepting any contributions)
- REGISTRATION OF POLITICAL AND ISSUE COMMITTEES
CONTRIBUTIONS AND EXPENDITURES REPORTS:
Under the revised LFCPA, candidates and committees are required to file reports of contributions and expenditures.
Reporting due dates PRIOR to candidate certification:
- 1st of each month after a candidate files the Candidate Affidavit until candidates are certified at the end of August (next report due on August 1, 2019)
- Candidates, Candidate Committees, Political Committees or any Independent Expenditures for or against a candidate are required to file reports on the 1st of each month
Below are the forms to be used for the period PRIOR to certification as candidates:
- Excel Workbook with formulas to report monthly contributions and expenditures PRIOR to Certification (due on the first of every month following declaration of candidacy until certified by the City Clerk in late August)
- Report of No Contributions/Expenditures (pdf) in place of the monthly report linked above (for use only by a candidate who has not formed a committee, has accepted no contributions from any person, and has made no expenditures during a reporting period)
- Candidate Statement of Expenditures (pdf) (for use only by a candidate who has not formed a committee, has accepted no contributions from any person, and who has only expended personal funds on his/her behalf during a reporting period)
Reporting due dates AFTER candidate certification:
September 6, 2019 (60 days prior to the election)
October 7, 2019 (30 days prior to the election, falls on Sunday so deadline moves to Monday)
October 15, 2019 (21 days prior to the election)
October 22, 2019 (14 days prior to the election)
October 30, 2019 (the Wednesday prior to the election)
December 5, 2019 (30 days after the election)
Contribution & Expenditure reporting forms for use AFTER candidate certification AND for Political and Issue Committees:
- Excel workbook with formulas (includes Summary page and Schedules A-G)
- Contribution & Expenditure Report in pdf format (download forms and fill in by hand):
- SUMMARY PAGE
- SCHEDULE A -- Itemized Contributions
- SCHEDULE B -- Expenditures
- SCHEDULE C -- Candidate Loan Owed by Committee
- SCHEDULE D -- Financial Institution Loans Owed by Committee
- SCHEDULE E -- In-kind Contributions
- SCHEDULE F -- Accrued Expenses Reporting Form
- SCHEDULE G -- Final Disbursement of Unexpended Campaign Contributions
- Report of Expenditures Only (pdf) (for use only by a candidate who has not formed a committee, has accepted no contributions from any person, and who has only expended personal funds on his/her behalf during a reporting period)
- Report of No Contributions & No Expenditures (pdf) (for use only by a candidate who has not formed a committee, has accepted no contributions from any person, and has made no expenditures during a reporting period)
INDEPENDENT EXPENDITURE REPORT FORM:
Independent Expenditures are defined in §2.04.203 as: "...any expenditure made for the purpose of expressly advocating the election or defeat of a candidate that is not made with the cooperation or with the prior consent of, or in consultation with, or in coordination with, or at the request or suggestion of, a candidate, candidate's agent or candidate's committee."
- Independent Expenditure Form (pdf) (In excess of $250) (Note: if an independent expenditure is made for/against a declared candidate, a report is due at the same intervals as candidate reports are due. For clarification, see L.M.C. §2.04.206 - Independent expenditure disclosure.)
OFF YEAR REPORTING FORMS FOR OPEN COMMITTEES:
Off Year reports are due from open committees on May 1 and November 1 of each year.
- Off Year Report of Contributions and Expenditures (downloadable Excel format with formulas)
VIOLATION REPORTING FORM
If you have questions regarding the LFCPA or appropriate forms, please call the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649.