The next election for the City of Longmont will be a Regular Election to be held on November 5, 2019. In addition to Mayor and City Council candidates, voters may also be asked to vote on Longmont's ballot issues as well as ballot questions/issues from the State, County, or other local governmental jurisdictions whose boundaries overlap with the City of Longmont. The election will be coordinated by the Boulder County Clerk & Recorder's Office. Visit Boulder County's Election website for additional information on ballot content for the entire county.
2019 City of Longmont City Council Election
There are four City Council positions up for election November 5, 2019:
- Mayor (2 year term expiring 11/2021)
- Council Member Ward I (4 year term expiring 11/2023)
- Council Member Ward III (4 year term expiring 11/2023)
- Council Member At-Large (4 year term expiring 11/2023)
There will be a question regarding retention of Longmont's Municipal Judge:
Shall Municipal Judge Robert J. Frick be retained in office for two (2) years?
Municipal elections are non-partisan and as such we do not collect information regarding any candidates party affiliation. Candidates will not be certified until they complete the petitioning process from August 6 to August 26, 2019. The following people have declared their candidacy, but have not been certified, for the positions indicated:
- Bheema Bachus for Council Member At-Large (WITHDRAWN 7/30/19)
- Matthew Garrett for Council Member At-Large
- Jeff Moore for Council Member At-Large
- Joan Peck for Council Member At-Large
- Schuyler Trowbridge for Council Member At-Large (WITHDRAWN 7/31/19)
The City Clerk's Office will update this page as needed as new candidates announce. For questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649.