- Certification of Election Results and Results by Contest
- Abstract of Final Votes Cast by Precinct and Results by Contest
- 2019 City of Longmont City Council Election
- 2019 Candidates & Committees
- Notice of Election for November 5, 2019 Election
- Notice of Charter Amendment for November 5, 2019 Election
The next election for the City of Longmont will be a Regular Election to be held on November 5, 2019.
In addition to Mayor and City Council candidates, voters will also be asked to vote on Longmont's ballot questions/issues and ballot questions/issues from the State, County, or other local governmental jurisdictions whose boundaries overlap with the City of Longmont. The election will be coordinated by the Boulder County Clerk & Recorder's Office. Visit Boulder County's Election website for additional information on ballot content for the entire county.
There will be four (4) City Council positions on the November 5, 2019 ballot:
- (1) Mayor (2 year term expiring 11/2021)
- (1) Council Member Ward I (4 year term expiring 11/2023)
- (1) Council Member Ward III (4 year term expiring 11/2023)
- (1) Council Member At-Large (4 year term expiring 11/2023)
The Longmont City Council has placed the following measures on the November 5, 2019 ballot:
CITY OF LONGMONT BALLOT ISSUE 3B
AUTHORIZING $45,500,000 OF REVENUE BONDS AND A SALES AND USE TAX RATE INCREASE OF .18% TO FUND A COMPETITIVE POOL AND ICE RINK.
SHALL THE CITY OF LONGMONT DEBT BE INCREASED IN AN AMOUNT NOT TO EXCEED $45,500,000, WITH A TOTAL REPAYMENT COST OF NOT TO EXCEED $72,260,000 AND SHALL CITY TAXES BE INCREASED $4,650,000 IN THE FIRST FULL FISCAL YEAR AND BY SUCH AMOUNTS AS ARE RAISED ANNUALLY THEREAFTER BY INCREASING THE CITY SALES AND USE TAX RATE FROM 3.53 PERCENT TO 3.71 PERCENT, WHICH IS AN INCREASE OF ONE AND EIGHT ONE HUNDREDTH CENTS ON EACH TEN DOLLAR PURCHASE, BEGINNING 1 JANUARY 1, 2020, SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING:
THE PROCEEDS OF THE DEBT WILL BE USED FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF A COMPETITIVE POOL AND ICE RINK;
THE TAX REVENUES WILL BE USED FOR THE PAYMENT OF SUCH DEBT AND FOR THE CONSTRUCTION, OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE COMPETITIVE POOL AND ICE RINK; PROVIDED THAT ON THE EARLIER OF JANUARY 1, 2040 OR THE DATE THE DEBT IS PAID, THE TAX RATE INCREASE AUTHORIZED BY THIS QUESTION WILL DECREASE FROM .18 PERCENT TO .03 PERCENT AND THE TAX REVENUES WILL BE USED SOLELY FOR OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF THE COMPETITIVE POOL AND ICE RINK;
THE DEBT MAY BE PAID FROM SUCH LEGALLY AVAILABLE REVENUES, BEAR INTEREST, AND BE SOLD IN ONE SERIES OR MORE AT A PRICE ABOVE, BELOW OR EQUAL TO THE PRINCIPAL AMOUNT OF SUCH BONDS AND WITH SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING PROVISIONS FOR REDEMPTION PRIOR TO MATURITY WITH OR WITHOUT PAYMENT OF PREMIUM, ALL AS THE CITY COUNCIL MAY DETERMINE; AND
SHALL THE PROCEEDS FROM SUCH TAX AND DEBT PROCEEDS AND ANY INVESTMENT INCOME EARNED FROM SUCH PROCEEDS BE COLLECTED AND SPENT AS A VOTER-APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE UNDER SECTION 20 OF ARTICLE X OF THE COLORADO CONSTITUTION?
CITY OF LONGMONT BALLOT ISSUE 3C
EXTENSION OF 0.75% SALES AND USE TAX FOR STREETS AND TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS.
WITHOUT INCREASING TAX RATES OR IMPOSING ANY NEW TAX, SHALL THE CITY OF LONGMONT’S EXISTING 0.75% SALES AND USE TAX FOR STREETS AND TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS, CURRENTLY SET TO SUNSET IN 2026, BE EXTENDED INDEFINITELY FOR THE PURPOSES OF FUNDING STREET REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE, MULTI-MODAL IMPROVEMENTS, CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS, SAFETY IMPROVEMENTS AND OTHER INFRASTRUCTURE?
CITY OF LONGMONT BALLOT QUESTION 3D
Shall the City Of Longmont Home Rule Charter be amended by revising Section 12.4 of the Charter to allow for leases of city property for up to 30 years?
CITY OF LONGMONT BALLOT QUESTION 3E
Shall Municipal Judge Robert J. Frick be retained in office for two (2) years?
CANDIDATES & COMMITTEES
Municipal elections are non-partisan and as such we do not collect information regarding any candidates' party affiliation. Candidates will not be certified until they complete the petitioning process from August 6 to August 26, 2019. The following people have declared their candidacy, but only those indicated have been certified and have completed the nomination process for the positions indicated:
- Susan Hidalgo-Fahring for Ward III (certified candidate)
- Regan Sample for Ward III (certified candidate)
- Ron Gallegos for Council Member At-Large (certified candidate)
- Matthew Garrett for Council Member At-Large (certified candidate)
- Jeff Moore for Council Member At-Large (certified candidate)
- Joan Peck for Council Member At-Large (certified candidate)
Candidates Who Have Withdrawn or Were Not Certified
- Bheema Bachus for Council Member At-Large (WITHDRAWN 7/30/19)
- Lance Touve for Ward III - no nomination petitions filed by 5 p.m. deadline
- Schuyler Trowbridge for Council Member At-Large (WITHDRAWN 7/31/19)
The City Clerk's Office will update this page as needed as new candidates announce. For questions, please contact the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649.