THE LONGMONT HUMANE SOCIETY ISSUES ANIMAL LICENSES
- Call (303) 772-1232 for more information
- Hours are 11 am to 6 pm, seven days a week
- The address is 9595 Nelson Road, Longmont, CO 80501
Licensing Dogs and Cats:
Dogs, Cats, and Vietnamese potbellied pigs owned by residents of the City of Longmont must be licensed each calendar year.
Every owner of a dog or cat more than six months of age shall have the animal licensed within 30 days after it is brought into the city. For dogs and cats, the owner shall furnish the following information:
- The name, address and telephone number of the owner of the dog or cat.
- If the dog or cat is neutered or spayed, proof of spay or neuter from a veterinarian.
The fee for spayed or neutered dogs or cats is $15 each. The fee for non-neutered, non-spayed dogs or cats is $25 each.
Licensing Vietnamese Pot-bellied Pigs:
Every owner of a domesticated Vietnamese pot-bellied pig shall obtain a license within 30 days of bringing such pig into the City. The owner shall furnish the following information:
- A Colorado Certificate of Veterinary Inspection by a veterinarian who is licensed and accredited by the state of Colorado.
- Proof of spay or neuter (all pot-bellied pigs must be spayed or neutered).
- Proof of registry with either the Gold Star Registry, or the Pot-bellied Pig Registry Inc., or that a veterinarian licensed in the state of Colorado certifies that it is a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig.
The fee for licensing spayed or neutered pot-bellied pigs is $10.
LOCATION FOR PURCHASING LICENSES: Licenses are to be purchased at the Longmont Humane Society located at 9595 Nelson Road. Licenses may also be purchased through the mail by sending the required information to Longmont Humane Society, 9595 Nelson Road, Longmont, CO 80501, Attention: Pet Licensing. Please remember to include a stamped, self-addressed return envelope.