Longmont Humane Society Animal Licenses
The Longmont Humane Society issues animal licenses.
- Contact: (303) 772-1232
- Hours: 11 am to 6 pm, 7 days a week
- Address: 9595 Nelson Road, Longmont, CO 80501
Licensing Dogs and Cats:
Dogs, Cats, and Vietnamese potbellied pigs owned by residents of the City of Longmont must be licensed each calendar year.
Every owner of a dog or cat more than six months of age shall have the animal licensed within 30 days after it is brought into the city. For dogs and cats, the owner shall furnish the following information:
- The name, address and telephone number of the owner of the dog or cat.
- If the dog or cat is neutered or spayed, proof of spay or neuter from a veterinarian.
- City of Longmont ordinances and state laws also require that all domestic cats and dogs have a current rabies vaccination. Proof rabies vaccination is required at the time of purchase. Please be prepared to show current rabies vaccination certificate.
Licensing Fees for Dogs and Cats
- Spayed or neutered dogs or cats is $15 each
- Non-neutered, non-spayed dogs or cats is $25 each
Licensing Vietnamese Pot-bellied Pigs:
Every owner of a domesticated Vietnamese pot-bellied pig shall obtain a license within 30 days of bringing such pig into the City. The owner shall furnish the following information:
- A Colorado Certificate of Veterinary Inspection by a veterinarian who is licensed and accredited by the state of Colorado.
- Proof of spay or neuter (all pot-bellied pigs must be spayed or neutered).
- Proof of registry with either the Gold Star Registry, or the Pot-bellied Pig Registry Inc., or that a veterinarian licensed in the state of Colorado certifies that it is a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig.
Licensing Fees for Pot-bellied Pigs
- Spayed or neutered pot-bellied pigs is $10
Where to Purchase Licenses in Longmont
- Longmont Humane Society located at 9595 Nelson Road
- online at the Longmont Humane Society
- Longs Peak Animal Hospital
- Happy Hounds Dog Care Center
- Bark Me Beautiful
- Tender Loving Care Animal Hospital
- Family Pet Hospital
- Olde Towne Animal Medical Center