JUNK DEALER LICENSES:
Junk Dealers are required to obtain a license to operate within the City limits.A Junk Dealer, as defined in Longmont Municipal Code, Chapter 6.44, is someone who sells "articles, except secondhand goods, that have outlived their usefulness in their original form, scrap metals other than gold and silver, old rope, paper, plastic containers, empty bottles, and all discarded articles no longer used in their manufactured form composed of such materials." Sellers of junked vehicles are not included nor are businesses which have ancillary purchases of recyclable materials.
SECONDHAND DEALER LICENSES:
Secondhand Dealers are required to obtain a license to operate within the City limits.
A Secondhand Dealer, as defined in Longmont Municipal Code, Chapter 6.44, is someone engaged in the business of purchasing, trading, selling or accepting for consignment secondhand goods. Secondhand goods are:
- Cameras, camera lenses, slide or movie projectors, projector screens, flash guns, enlargers, tripods, binoculars, telescopes, microscopes;
- Televisions, phonographs, tape recorders, video recorders, radios, tuners, speakers, turntables, amplifiers, compact disc players, record changers, citizens' band broadcasting units and receivers;
- Skis, ski poles, ski boots, ski bindings, golf clubs, guns, luggage, boots and furs;
- Typewriters, adding machines, calculators, computers, computer components and accessories, computer printers, portable air conditioners, cash registers, copying machines, dictating machines, automatic telephone answering machines, microwave ovens;
- Bicycles, bicycle frames, bicycle derailleur assemblies, bicycle hand brake assemblies, other bicycle components;
- Musical instruments, watches; and
- Any item of tangible personal property marked with a serial or identification number and whose price to the secondhand dealer is $30.00 or more, except motor vehicles, all-terrain recreational vehicles, snowmobiles, motor vehicle parts, mobile homes, boats, airplanes, large home appliances, and nonprecious scrap metal.