The City Clerk's office is the administrator of the City of Longmont Records Management program which oversees:
- Imaging of documents
- Indexing and filing in the city's central records system
- Microfilming of permanent records
- Active and inactive storage of records
- Archiving of records
- A Disaster Recovery program
- Maintenance of the Longmont Municipal Code
- Coordination of Open Records Requests
Open Records Requests
Residents can now search for public records online including Board, Committee & Commission minutes as well as City Council minutes for Regular and Study Sessions. City staff is working to expand the number and type of documents available online. If there is a particular type of document you would like to see or if you need help searching for documents using this online tool, please call the City Clerk's Office at (303) 651-8649.
- SEARCH PUBLIC RECORDS
- Many building permit records are available via the Citizen Portal for Building Inspection
The most efficient method for requesting records is to complete the online Open Records Request Form. This form is automatically routed to the City Clerk's Office. Once received, the City Clerk's Office will reach out to you to either provide you the records you have requested, to confirm the scope of the request, or to provide you a cost to produce the documents requested.
If you prefer, you may also download the paper Open Records Request Form, complete it, and submit it to the City Clerk's Office in person at 350 Kimbark St., Longmont, CO 80501 or email it to City Clerk's Staff.
All Open Records Requests are fulfilled in accordance with the City's Records Cost Policy.